• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eagle order badge

hi guys , is this good? many thanks Terry
    Attached Files

Eagle Order 2nd

Yes, imo a real Eagle Order 2nd class of the hard to find 1st period (1937, of course without swords).

Pablo

Comment

I'm sorry Terry, but I have to disagree. Without having seen the reverse, there are too many anomalies on this one to make me a believer i.g. the shape of the upper feathers, the lack of ribbon at the bottom of each wreath, the cut-out portion between the wings and the body. If someone can tribute this to a specific manufacturer, well then of course I'm wrong.

KR
      Peter

Comment

Hello Peter, the cut-out portion between the wings and the body is a typical characteristic of 1937 Eagle Orders. It´s true, this badge looks different to most Ealge Orders (1939 and 1943 designs)... like all 1937´s.

Pablo

Comment

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for sharing the info about the cut-outs on the 37's, I wasn't aware of this detail . After having seen the reverse, do you still believe it's an original? I stick to my initial opinion.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=185683

KR
          Peter

Comment

Uff!... that is really a strange reverse! Anyway the markings "SILBER 900" was usually founded in 1937 Ealge Order awards. I think the obverse is too much well done to be a fake but what I have never found in these awards are those lines we see on the reverse... well, I need time to think about this piece.

It is a shame that we do not see usually 1937 awards around to compare. The only 1937 I own is a neck cross and it is no helpfull in this case.

Pablo

Comment

i m hanging on your every word guys as i m thinking of buying this one ! many thanks Terry

Comment

Does the back actually say Silber or Silver? I can't tell from the photo. Obviously if the latter, the question is answered easily.
                Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  Does the back actually say Silber or Silver? I can't tell from the photo. Obviously if the latter, the question is answered easily.
                  Richard V
                  Richard its silber

Comment

Save your money.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                      Save your money.

Bob Hritz
                      well Bob quite short and sweet , any particular aspects that are obvious on this --- for future reference i m thinking 1937 is it that different from later issues or is that a red herring ? cheers Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        Save your money.

Bob Hritz
                        I`d love to comment on that comment but i will refrain ....

Comment

Hi Terry,

I understand your frustration and believe you me, this is not the first time you'll encounter this scenario . This is not official plagroung where a question can be brought forward, and expexting every skilled collector to come rushing, eager to deliverer the ultimate truth. It might have been so in the earlier days, but I think we're all aware of the decline in following up on threds. Still I do believe that a response should be slightly more elaborated than just "Fake" or what ever.

After my response in the thred, I realized there are more things to this matter than meets the eye. I've spent numeral hours in order to dig up some clearifying information, including taking contact with a few of the guys in the know of these DAO's. Once I've concluded what the logic answers ought to be, I promise to get back to you with my findings, although it might take sime time . In the mean time, perhaps Bob Hritz would be so kind enough to relate to the distinquished differences between the 1937 and 1943 pattern . Bob, the floor is yours

KR
                          Peter

Comment

The pin is wrong, the hinge is wrong, the catch is wrong, the hallmark is wrong, the reverse has lots of grinding done to hide something. There is nothing, on this badge I like.

All I have seen and owned are nothing like this badge, and I have had the 1937s with only the 900 marking. The later issues are 900 21 marked. I even had a grand cross sash badge marked L/50, from a vet in Chicago.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Terry, your original question was "Is it good?" which Bob answered in his first reply. Even with his second and more detailed reply you still are not any wiser to what a real one should look like. You would need a set of pics of a real one for that. Personally, I'm just glad we still have a couple of guys of the caliber of Bob around here. Perhaps in the future instead of chicken-lipping an answer people will learn to ask better questions initially and then follow up with even better questions afterwards the clear things up.
                              JMHO
                              pseudo-expert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X