What are these Pins and Medallion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these Pins and Medallion

Might anyone out there be able to tell me what these 4 items are? I know the eagle is probably a WHW item but I can`t identify the other 3. The writing on the medallion reads Winter Sportler Schutz Patron. Is this suppose to be some sort of German sports patron saint?Thanks for any info!
    Attached Files

Other Pics

Other side of medallion
    Attached Files

Comment

The top one is not German at all but WW1 Austrian -Hungrian Empire.

Comment

What are these pins

Thanks for the info. Anyone know what its for?

Comment

It appears to be a medaillon/talisman.

I did a Google search for info and found that in ancient Germanic mythology, Ullr was the god of winter, hunting, duelling, willows and soil. In the 20th century, he was re-discovered by skiers as a patron saint. (Info from: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ullr )
          Apparently, the name still known in skiing circles, I even found the website of a skiing school named after him.
          Some very similiar medaillons are being sold by former skiing champion Markus Wasmeier, who is now running a farming-and-winter-sports-museum: http://www.wasmeier.de/shop/index.htm

Comment

Stickpins

HPL2008,
            Thanks for the info. The medallions look almost exactly the same except newer. This helps out alot. This piece along with several day badges and a pocket full of third reich coins came out of a estate of a vet. They were in a plastic bag put inside a piece from a MG42.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X