Nazi Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazi Ring

Just been searching for info on a certain ring that was described to me by a friend. and have come across a picture of what I think is the ring. Please could you tell me if it's just a fantasy piece or did these rings really exist.
    Regards Paul
    Last edited by PaulE; 10-15-2006, 11:46 AM.

I would say these are real here is one that belongs to a friend of mine it was given to him by his grandmother as you can see it's a lot like yours. I believe they were private purchases.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks James
      It's not mine but one like it has been seen by a friend in a local shop with some more items, so could be a pointer to some more original pieces.
      Paul

Comment

Rings like that were also made between 1870-1930 in America where the swastika was a popular good luck symbol. Without provenance or some kind of illustration in a period catalog or advertisment, I don't think it is possible to say if a piece of jewelry with this design was made in the USA or the Third Reich.

Comment

I.M.O it could be made anytime anywhere for any risen..thinks like this take a lot of good believe,if you can gat it very cheap….<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Comment

Anycase, this kind of items, when originals, don´t have high prices.
            You can find a lot of different models since 50 euros.
            Gregorio

Comment

Paul, it's certainly not a fantasy item . I think the ring itselve is a worn WW1 ( or perhaps WW 2) ring , the dotted oval front and sides with acorn and oak leafs are a well known pattern. The front could be sewn out by hand ; see irregular oval shape. The Swatika could be soldered on in the 30/40 ties.
              <o =""></o>
              James, I see the same in “your” ring . You are right they are private purchase rings. If possible , could you show a picture aside?<o =""></o>
              Cheers,<o =""></o>
              Benten

Comment

Here is a side view of the ring I posted earlier I also want to say this ring belonged to the grandmother of a friend of mine who came from Germany after the war.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble View Post
                  Here is a side view of the ring I posted earlier I also want to say this ring belonged to the grandmother of a friend of mine who came from Germany after the war.
                  Thanks for posting the side.
                  Cheers,
                  Benten

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X