HJ Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Pins

Could I get a opinion on these, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Perry Floyd; 06-26-2007, 03:02 PM.

Last edited by Perry Floyd; 06-26-2007, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Perry, if offered these I would pass on them. The concensus is that coloured HJ badges (other than the standard red) are fantasy items. I have only really read about the dark blue ones before, so the other colours shown here are new to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
        Hi Perry, if offered these I would pass on them. The concensus is that coloured HJ badges (other than the standard red) are fantasy items. I have only really read about the dark blue ones before, so the other colours shown here are new to me.

Cheers, Ade.
        Thanks Adrian

Comment

Pure fantasy Perry---as most Otto H. badges are, colored or not. Be weary of that maker on HJ pins.

Comment

Whoo-ee! What a pile of stinkers. It looks like someone broke open a box of Smarties.

Unless it's red, white and black, and not marked "Hoffmann", pass.

Comment

Colorfull lol
              Never seen them, so i follow the guys with "fantasy"
              The only one which seems similar to the original one is the one on the left side, the one in the front

And... the last one..with big swas...i dont know, but i think i saw it before

Comment

The big one at the back is supposed to be a NSDStB (NS Student League) badge, but is very poorly made.

Even the red one has a skinny swastika and opaque enamel, usually seen on fake badges.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                  The big one at the back is supposed to be a NSDStB (NS Student League) badge, but is very poorly made.

Even the red one has a skinny swastika and opaque enamel, usually seen on fake badges.

Comment

they really look bad.

Comment

Very colorful! I think some nice guy just learned to work with enamel and tried out his new hobby skills

Regards Theo
                      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Cuypers View Post
                        Very colorful! I think some nice guy just learned to work with enamel and tried out his new hobby skills

Regards Theo
                        Yeah, especially the purple one!
                        That one is the worst!

Comment

i am bringing this thread to the top of the board since i just posted a blue enamel HJ in the new data base thread...not being big into HJ items and not wanting to discuss in the data base thread i figured this would be the best way to discuss....
                          i was under the impression that colored HJ pins were generally bad...i agree that all pictured above are....i have seen many different colors...i was under the impression though that certain blue enamel was good...and was indicative of the czech protectorate???...is this not correct?
                          also the hoffmann marked pins....what is the story on these...?
                          first i have seen and they were brought over by an associate and took pics for the data base....i thought it looked quite good and based on my memory of when these were introduced..the '32 time frame; would be in synch for pre rzm markings....please educate me on these
                          mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pinkus View Post
                            i am bringing this thread to the top of the board since i just posted a blue enamel HJ in the new data base thread...not being big into HJ items and not wanting to discuss in the data base thread i figured this would be the best way to discuss....
                            i was under the impression that colored HJ pins were generally bad...i agree that all pictured above are....i have seen many different colors...i was under the impression though that certain blue enamel was good...and was indicative of the czech protectorate???...is this not correct?
                            also the hoffmann marked pins....what is the story on these...?
                            first i have seen and they were brought over by an associate and took pics for the data base....i thought it looked quite good and based on my memory of when these were introduced..the '32 time frame; would be in synch for pre rzm markings....please educate me on these
                            mike
                            The Czech protectorate was created in 1938, so 1932 doesn't work. Some people try to rationalize that the blue was "Marine HJ", but it doesn't appear in any period materials, and Marine HJ wore the standard pin. I think the RZM M1/52 (Deschler u S.) version is just the latest back for these bad badges.

I don't think "Hoffmann" appears on any period pins (pre- or post-RZM introduction), and actually appears to have first hit the tables in the late 1990s.
                            Last edited by sjl; 03-26-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Stephen
                              very good...the czech connection was just in my memory banks..wasnt sure about that...thought the blue was supposed to be good though...but as an aside...just because the czech protectorate was not established until 38 does not mean that there were not nazi party pins/emblems/organizations in existance in the future protectorate prior too ....so the 38 date in and of itself i dont think is the point of fact in this discussion....

so the "theory" for the blue to be good is marine HJ....

as for the hoffmann mark ...though the pin seems quite believable i did check all sources at my disposal and did not come up with a Hoffmann company..again though a pretty convincing piece...correct pin, pin attachement plate, stipling etc......

thanks for the info

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X