No Tinnies at the Max!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Tinnies at the Max!

This was my first year going to the Max show. I left a little feedback in the helmet forum and the general discussion forum on what I thought about the show, and have since read several other thoughts as well. It seems that there were issues of highly overpriced items, a multitude of fake items being past off as real, and rude dealers,( which I myself did encounter more than once ). The one real thing that upset me was the total lack of tinnies at the show. Yeah there were your common day badges and a hand full of so so stuff but nothing like I had been expecting. I was told by several of my buddies," wait till you get to the show. You`ll see tinnies you`ve never seen before. Real rare stuff. " Boy was I dissappointed. Like I said before. Nothing but table after table of high priced daggers and helmets. Where were all my fellow tinnie collectors and dealers? The more I think about the show , the less chance I`ll be going back next year .

I saw 40-50 on one table, but your right, not many more. I did see a round pilot badge, and a Jul.20 badge, and $28,000. SS daggers. Best way to handle problem dealers is to make sure you don't do business with them.

Comment

I had a book of tinnies and pins on my table forsale. Over 200 in number, but don't remember selling too many. If you didn't look in each of the five black binders that I had on the table you should have asked and I would have been glad to help. Always someone at my table and I never had time to leave the tables at this show. Busy almost all the time.
      Ron Weinand
      Weinand Militaria

Comment

Chris, I got to the show on Thursday morning and was looking for tinnies and S.A. items until Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't say I saw tons of tinnies but there were some nice ones. A great collection takes years and at todays prices I just hope to find 2 or three at each show. Once in a while you will find a whole hand full but you have to be at the shows to get them. Hope to meet you at a show! Show of Shows is coming in Feb!
        Last edited by D Funk; 10-04-2006, 10:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I'm surprised, I went through a lot of cases of tinnies looking for badges. The tinnies are usually in the black, cardboard cases that you have to sort through, they're not usually on display in a case.
          Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X