newbie here :) can u identify this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie here :) can u identify this?

was told to post this in this forum...as it's more appropriate here? can anyone help? thanks (sorry bout the medal, i know it's not really relevant here....)

hello, sorry I'm sure this is in the wrong forum but I'm BRAND new to all this...so I apologize up front for my ignorance...I'm trying!

anyway, a quick hello: I'm in the us military stationed in germany for 4 years (my second tour here ) and my wife and I recently became addicted to the local flea markets

I have become quite interested in german military "stuff" for lack of a better term. I found these two items and have tried searching but am coming up short...sorry if the photos are too big.

I'm not collecting to make a profit, just for personal collection. but it would, of course be nice to eventually learn how to identify most items I find, and be able to describe them a little bit to family and friends that view them.

that said, can anybody tell me anything about these? found them and couldn't pass them up. may be replicas, may be worth nothing....who knows. i just thought they looked pretty cool. hopefully sometime soon I can learn the trade a little better and be able to recognize what's what.....

thanks for any hints or info anyone can provide in advance....

-andy

Hey Andy !
    Welcome to the forum
    Nice to see new guys around....i hope you have a good time here, and tying to achieve all your goals
    About the medals, you got resonses on the other thread you made
    Have a nice day

Comment

the medal is from a catholic student organisation in Aschaffenburg and the other item is a souvenir piece from WW1...both are original. Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

thanks pretty fun start to my new hobby

-andy

Comment

Andy,
          Post your WW1 pin in Ken Jasper International Militaria Forums under the Imperial Militaria Forum Thread.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X