SA competition 1st sieger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA competition 1st sieger

Does anyone know anything about this award? I assume it to be a victor's badge, likely having been at one time in some kind of presentation box or packet.......but I don't have that. I think I picked it up in Germany (1973 to 1976), but don't really remember. Any idea of value?

Thanks,
    Ron

Reinhard Tieste has this badge in one of his old tinnie catalogs so at lest we know it was issued has a Day Badge at this SA Sports meeting. IM not sure what your metal is as there isn't any indication that it ever had an attachment pin. If it's authentic nice find.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure that this is a non-portable award for one of the 1st prize victors at the Wettkampf. It would have come in a presentation case originally. The value, depending on the size, and the finish (it looks like there is some loss of finish and the zinc is coming through) would be about $175.00 or so.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich View Post
        I'm sure that this is a non-portable award for one of the 1st prize victors at the Wettkampf. It would have come in a presentation case originally. The value, depending on the size, and the finish (it looks like there is some loss of finish and the zinc is coming through) would be about $175.00 or so.
        Erich
        I think you are correct. Yes, there is some oxidation of the finish. It is slightly larger than the day badge for the event, which I have posted below.

Thanks,
        Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X