CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this DRL Badge Bronze, Silver or Gold??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this DRL Badge Bronze, Silver or Gold??

Hi Guys,

As I have stated before, I'm not up on my medals and awards like most of the rest of you, as paper is my thing for the moment.

Any ideas on this DRL badge? I'm guessing that the "wash" is gone, but I haven't a clue as that what level it originally was (Bronze, Silver or Gold)? Can anyone tell?

Thanks for your help!
    John
    Attached Files

Reverse of badge....
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi John,
      for me is a silver level, you see the rest of silver gilt in the oakleaves.
      The entire type of needle on the rear is in use on the late time of war.(1942)
      Bye
      Sorry for my English
      Gew44/ Massimo

Comment

Ciao Massimo!

Your English is perfect...thank you for your help!!

Best regards to you in Italia!
        John

Comment

i have only seen this pin with a drl war wound

Comment

new for me is the bottom pin assembly. rounded not seen ???? its a zinca and by pics shown i would go for silver but then again i only know of a war wound with this pin type

Comment

what history do you have please

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this! As far as history, I'm completely blank. I'm in the process of selling a very large portion of my collection that I have accumulated over the last few decades. I'm afraid it falls into the "been in a box for years" category.

I'll probably post it on ePier for about $30, since most of the silver wash is now gone. I'm mostly selling 3rd Reich paper on ePier, but do run across other 3rd Reich topics that I'll sell there as well. There's not much competitive bidding on ePier, but it does free up some money for my color propaganda postcard addiction

Thanks again for your response.

Cheers!
                John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X