Ehrennadel der SS-Heimwehr Danzig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robin,
    Thank you for taking the time to post pictures of an original. These pins are so bloody rare to find and it will be nice to have photos of the real thing to use as a reference in the future. I've wanted one for my collection for several years now, but haven't had the courage to buy any the two or three I've been offered because of the concern for originality. Do you have an opinion about what percentage of these Heimwehr pins might not be serialized?
    Cheers, Lyn

Comment

Originally posted by Lyn Islaub
      Robin,
      Do you have an opinion about what percentage of these Heimwehr pins might not be serialized?
      Only unissued ones. Pretty remote I think. A good indicator of originality from even poor 'internet catalogue-type' photos is the spear point at the top of the flag pole. It should be a clear spear shape.

Comment

I would like to venture the point that the badge was made with a long neadle pin, not the safty pin type. These were often remved and a safty pin resoldered.Also the issue number was clearly stamped. This tied up with the citation.

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to ask your opinion on this item which I have been offered:

Do you think it is genuine? I am abit concerned about the two lines beside the SS runes in the upper right corner as they seem to be slightly thicker than the others. Would that be an acceptable fault at the time or is this a bad copy?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
          Rene

Comment

Really nobody here who can help me with this?

Comment

That badge looks promising.

Comment

Thank you Robin!

Comment

Thank you very much to all for the great info. shared here!!!
                  Last edited by Humberto Corado; 10-07-2006, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X