HJ Membership Pin Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Membership Pin Colors

Can anyone explain to me the different colors that are sometimes seen on HJ membership diamond pins? I have seen them in blue, purple, green, etc... I was under the impression that the only color was alternating red and white around the pin. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks,
    Jeremiah

enamel colors

It is interesting that Cone makes no mention of any color other than the standard red in his book on NSDAP badges.
    -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Most (if not all) of these are fantasy items. Often they are offered as belonging to "foreign" Nazi youth groups. However, most of the non-German affiliates had their own emblems of different design, so not even that holds water.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the help Gents...it clears up quiet a few questions I've had about these badges. Thanks again!!

Jeremiah

Comment

I was once offered a HJ dagger that had the diamond in alternating colors of white and blue. The explanation was that this was a supposed HJ Marine dagger. I could find no substantiation of this anywhere. There are, unfortunately, mostly only B & W photos of HJ members wearing HJ pins. This means that unless something written is found in a period publication, it will be near to impossible to substantiate that the HJ used any other color other than red.
          Richard V

Comment

Hi Just thougt that I would show you one of these badges with puple enamel. One of my friends just bought this in London and I told him that I bellieved it to be bogus -any other that wants to chip in?

Cheers Thomas
            Attached Files

Comment

I firmly believe that all Otto Hoffmann HJ diamond badges are bogus.....

Cheers
              Don

Comment

Hi Don

Thanks for the info

Cheers Thomas

Comment

The pink ones were for the gay Hitler Youth .

Seriously, I believe Don is right. Anything marked Otto Hoffmann and anything other than red, white and black is a fake. (Except of course the very rare green and white diamond with sunwheel swastika for the Hungarian youth.)

Comment

I was typing this reply and discovered that this was actually a very old thread.
                    So maybe the starters won’t even read the quotes, but what the heck...

Every now and then several minds are puzzeled about other coloured HJ pins and I do think the blue and white HJ diamond is the biggest troublemaker in this.

Recently someone told me even a 'HJ vet' was convinced that blue Marine-HJ pins existed.
                    I think there is a simple explanation: just because there seems to exist a logical link, the memory or / and consciousness like(s) to cheat us collectively.
                    Find yourself 10 ex-HJ members, show them a blue and white HJ diamond and ask them: ‘Could this be Marine-HJ?’
                    I think 8 out of 10 will answer yes.
                    Simply because there seems to be a logical connection.
                    (And ofcourse: by asking the ‘right’ suggestive question you can steer anyone in the direction you want...)

Originally posted by Richard
                    There are, unfortunately, mostly only B & W photos of HJ members wearing HJ pins. This means that unless something written is found in a period publication, it will be near to impossible to substantiate that the HJ used any other color other than red.
                    Richard V
                    True, but I would like you to take a look at this link:

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3051

Scroll to the bottom of the page and take a look at the portrait of the Marine-HJ boy.
                    Take a look at his DD cap, and especially to the HJ diamond attached to it.
                    The pic is black and white but still it is very clear to see that the diamond colours are red and white.
                    Everytime I wonder if those blue/white pins could have existed, I take a look at that picture and I am convinced again that they did not...

Comment

the blue and white pins as well as other colours are on ebay all of the time. Every one a repro and they are all ottos..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X