Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Lebensborn Membership Pin - Real or Fantasy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Lebensborn Membership Pin - Real or Fantasy??

Hey Everyone,

I would really appreciate opinions on these 2 stick pins, especially the Lebensborn. My main field is paper, so I'm mostly a "babe in the woods" on most awards and pins.

These are the only images that the seller can provide. Do they look legit at all?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

Best regards...John
    Attached Files

Reverse of Lebensborn Pin
    Attached Files

Comment

The Lebensborn pins are a total fantasy I'm afraid. As to the shield, it looks to me to be a poor fake based on the Norwegian "Germanske SS Norge" civil pin.

Sorry
      Don

Comment

Hi Don,

Thank you very much for your reply. After posting my question, I thought "what the heck"...I'll try a google search and see what happens.

Well...I did one, and a link popped up to Wittmanns site. He has one that looks pretty much exactly as the one in question : http://www.wwiidaggers.com/19826.htm

I know Mr Wittmann is pretty well known in WWII collecting circles...having written a book or 2....now I'm confused

This hobby is a tough one

Best regards,
        John
        Last edited by johninhb; 07-10-2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Indeed this hobby is a minefield

I know the pin on Tom's site. He is indeed a well respected & very knowledgeable dealer & without question he knows his daggers & blades. However, that said, he is not known for his knowledge on badges.....

Cheers
          Don

Comment

Point well taken.....Thank you Don!

Cheers....John

Comment

I agree with Don..don't let a respected dealer selling one to throw you off!

Both those pins are 100% fantasy. Made and distributed by the old Northstar company. They are also famous for their SS cyanide containers ..Pretty sure all 3 are still available from a company called USM now...,G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X