Let me know what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know what you think

Hello, I was wondering what this is or if anyone has ever seen one before. It is a silver cup it has a iron cross and swasitka on one side and a two eagles fighting on the other side. It has oak leaves around the base of the cup and on the stand it says FUR BESONDERE LEIS TUNG IM LUFTKRIEG. I am posting a pic but for some reason I can only post one and my camera is not that good if you would like to see more pictures let me know. Thanks Dav
    Attached Files

r

Looks very nice,But Would need better pictures to realy know!Thanks for sharing!

Comment

heres another one that I have taken of it. Hope its better!! Thanks Dav
      Attached Files

Comment

If it is good, it's an extremely collectable luftwaffe honor goblet. There should be a persons' name and date engraved on the band above the base. There should be writing on the underside of the base on the bottom. But you need to post clear pics of the entire piece as well as of all writings on it. They are quite valuable-in my opinion 3-5 k., depending on condition. Research it, if awarded to famous person like a knightscross winner, you have quite a nice item. Look in General Awards, of Luftwaffe sections of the forums! Hope this helps, Charlie. PS, check this site:http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=honor+goblet
        Last edited by FW 200; 07-04-2006, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I looked and this one doesnt have a name or anything ? Should it be pollished or cleand?

Comment

No-do not polish, it looks like it might have been polished long time ago. Look carefully around band where the oak leaves are. There should be a German name, and a date like " Haupt. Wilhelm Schmidt 11-12-41" or something like that. Then turn the thing upside down and look for a word like: Alpaka, or the number 835 and the name Wagner". Have you done a search yet? Charlie

Comment

Also this one isnt near as fine detailed . could it be that it was never finished or a mess up?

Comment

Need good pics. Could be a lot of things. Charlie

Comment

ok im going to get some good pics from my brothers camera tomorow. maybe that will help. the inside and the bottom look like a rough cast texter on names.

Comment

Cast is bad news. Are the sides parallell? Looks tapered in your pics.

Comment

no its not tapperd but you can tell its make of like four seperate peices.

Comment

Here are some better pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is another one
                          Attached Files

Comment

some more of the same cup
                            Attached Files

Comment

more of the cup
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X