Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saar table medal

Hi

I wonder if a forum member can tell me a little more about this item, part from the fact that was issued to commemorate the unification of Saar into Germany. I
    have not seen one like this before, though I am sure someone reading this has.

It is a Bronze 'award' as denoted on the case that would suggest there is a sliver and gold one out there.

The side of the award has the stamp 'Bayer.Hauptmonzamt'.

Many thanks

Raymond
    Attached Files

and another
    Attached Files

Comment

My cased medal is identical to yours, except no mm. Here is a silver version, I believe:http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=165438

Comment

Raymond Here is my silver box and example. Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

Another shot
          Attached Files

Comment

Last shot If you look on Community Forum you will see the medallion. Look under ethical practice. Take Care robert
            Attached Files

Comment

Raymond Is the cotton yellow in your box?

Comment

Saar medal cotton

Hi, guys. Here is my medal. The cotton looks almost like a small slice of attic insulation, except it is very soft and fragile, it almost ripped when I lifted it out, to see if there was anything written on the bottom(not). It is a slight pinkish color, with aging on the exposed corners. Have a nice day-Charlie

Comment

pics.

front
                  Attached Files

Comment

the back

other side
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the posts gents. I had given up hope on the thread as no one had responded.

Yes, the material in the box is like roofing insulation.

Thanks for sharing the images of the silver one. All we need now is a gold one to finish the set off

The medal from Weitze is a little disappointing to say the least. I am sure he will rectify the situation as it is clearly not what you thought you were buying

All the best

Raymond

Comment

I wonder how rare these are? These three are the only ones I have seen. Charlie

Comment

Hi Charlie

Well, that is what I am wondering as I have not seen them before.

I am still not sure who they were given to and what the qualification was to get either bronze, silver or gold

Raymond

Comment

I was always under the impression that these were purchased during the period as souvenirs of the occasion, like the Goetz and Meissen small table medals. There are a myriad of different designs commemorating all sorts of special events that could be collected. Like the old Franklin Mint medals/coins.
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X