Let's talk 1st pattern Blood Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk 1st pattern Blood Orders

While doing a little research digging through some old posts I came across this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...02#post1417402

Would anyone care to discuss this Blood Order a bit further? I would like to hear your thoughts regarding the issue number stamped under the silver content mark.

Some collectors believe these examples to be original "non-textbook" anomalies; period stamped and issued variations. Others feel that they are not original issue pieces; original unissued 1st pattern Blood Orders that were numbered after the war.

How about the ribbon bar? Is there any proof that these were actually period produced and issued? Do any photos exist that show this ribbon bar in wear?

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

I have compared the eagles head with my 1st pattern and I think the problem is the quality of the photo. What I do like to see are the 3 small dots in a triangle in the area of the middle arch on the LHS of the banner-always the first thing to look for on a first pattern. A similar bar is shown in Niemanns new book as is an example of the number being punched below the 990.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan
      I have compared the eagles head with my 1st pattern and I think the problem is the quality of the photo. What I do like to see are the 3 small dots in a triangle in the area of the middle arch on the LHS of the banner-always the first thing to look for on a first pattern. A similar bar is shown in Niemanns new book as is an example of the number being punched below the 990.

Stan-

Thanks for your reply. I agree about the three "dots," but what bothers me about this one is the overall "orange peel" texture as well as the lack of crispness to the lower areas of the FHH relief. Perhaps it is just the quality of the images.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X