Olympics 1936 Kiel enamel badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics 1936 Kiel enamel badge

Just got this one in, and was looking for opinions. I've seen these before but they don't appear too common. The enamel seems good and I like the pin arrangement.
    Attached Files

Reverse

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Pin. Anyone familar with the maker?
      Attached Files

Comment

Nothing wrong in this pin. I´ve seen this maker mark in all the items like this wich passed for my hands before.
        Regards
        Gori

Comment

Many thanks Gori, its a nice one in good condition, do you know how common these are?

Comment

It******180;s rare. It was distributed just among participants and public for sea sports in the summer Olimpic Games in 1936. It******180;s not very expensive because the collectors are looking basically for svasticas, but it******180;s a very nice and historical item, specially for those whom love the sport.

Comment

Gori, thanks for the information. Many 1936 Olympic items I've seen are without swastikas due to the non political nature of the Olympics. Lots of reproductions with the swas inserted in places.

Comment

These are nice badges and actually Hansen is a famous jeweler. Detlev has had patriotic items for sale made by this maker. Here is my example. have a nice weekend. Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Not to forget the reverse.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Car Badge

I thought I would continue this thread, with a recent addition, an Olympic badge for cars. This example has some damage to the enamel, but for approx. $25 it still seemed like good value. I like it, it huge compared to it's relative. I think it odd to produce a badge for automobiles from enamel, a few stonechips later
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X