DVG badge, opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVG badge, opinions please

Have seen this in the flesh and it looks OK, but I know how heavily faked these can be so didnt buy it.... but its nagging me! What do you think?

www.dasreich.co.uk/en150_dvg_west_1395.htm

Im ignoring the Cone books comments about redo and town name together as that was written in 1983 so the fakers have a head start

just found FW200s DVG badge in an earlier thread which you all liked, now I dont like the one I have seen! The W looks a bit suspect and not sure if its the photo but the stipling under enamel looks a bit sparse, Im paranoid!

Comment

Hi

The badge looks OK to me.

I know the dealer is also a collector and badges are his main interest.

I am sure he offers a return policy if you are not happy. I have used him a few times and he is always first class.

All the best

Raymond

Comment

Hopefully, the attached photo will provide a better view of the ground to the red enamel detail.

I don't think it is sparse; more a result of light bouncing off the high-points of the 'bubbled' background.

Also, I think the white enamel has reassuring impurities. Furthermore, you can see wear to the perimeter of the badge, and for that matter pin on the reverse.

Anyway, I would welcome opinions from the enamel heavyweights on the forum.

Thanks and all the best,
        Toby.

PS @ Barry - nothing wrong in being paranoid in this game.
        Attached Files

Comment

And yes, I do offer a no-quibbles return policy.

As to authenticity, I prefer to get it right first-time round. Consequently, I do my best to vet anything before it makes it to my website.

Toby.

Comment

i dont have a problem with it...in fact it is more believeable than most imo...
            mike

Comment

Cool, as I said when I saw it I liked it, but being new to this game and being made aware of all the duds makes you paranoid! Toby, so its yours? I have bought some stuff from you, postcards and an early party badge at Farnham and you seem very genuine and friendly... will contact you Only recently found this superb site and thought it best to check stuff first, until I get a bit better at it, no offence intended or anything!

Comment

Nice, original example

Comment

Toby Rowan

Toby above all is a gentleman,as stated he is also a collector who scrupiously vets his items prior to exposure on his site.If anyone can be trusted in this "grey realm"of third reich militaria it's Toby.

Comment

I just got my DVG out, and it seems identical to mine. I got mine from a collector who had it since the end of the war, or so he says. Any way, he told me to avoid the ones with W. Redo spelled with wide letters(mine has narrow letters like the one you showed us), and/or Saarlautern omitted. I know the paronoia issue well, but I really like the piece being discussed! Charlie. welcome aboard!!

Comment

Thanks to everyone thats helped, and it does look much better in the big scan. Have been in touch with the seller and am posting a cheque off today I just wish I found this site a few years back! Nice to know there are people you can trust out there, been offered so many duds before with various party badges, but getting a much better eye for those now! Thanks again all

Comment

Here is mine. I was allways under the impression that it was original. Have a nice weekend. Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

The Reverse
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dvg

Greetings Guys!

Here is mine. An indirect 101st veteran acquisition. Will be posting on the estand later today.

Best regards,
                            Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

Dvg

Reverse:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X