Rare RLB officer badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare RLB officer badge

Here is one of the prizes of my collection...the very rare RLB officer badge...veryhigh quality manufacture...
    some of these can be found in the stick pin variation...this is the only pin back i have ever found however...
    enjoy
    mike
    Attached Files

heres the back....Hofstetter marked...the photo does not do the pin complete justice...it is a nickel silver base, that is frosted...multi layer construction, just beautiful under a loop...
    other pieces of my collection can be viewed at:

http://enamelsofwar.homestead.com
    Attached Files

Comment

Mike, Great find. I have the stickpin variation of this pin I was wondering are they the same size mine is 18mm it is also a
      Hoffstätter's

Comment

James
        yes this piece is 18mm across.
        mike

Comment

What defines this as an officer badge? Is it the gold color around the lettering?
          Richard V

Comment

Richard
            the differences primarily is the multi piece construction(emblem was a seperate piece), materials used(nickel silver base)...the blue enamel background.....and it is smaller than the basic badge...19mm vs 25mm (according to Cone)...guess we measured wrong above...
            mike

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike. Always nice to learn something new.
              Richard V

Comment

another rare RLB badge?

I have recently purchased a pin similar to the one in this thread, it is of 2 piece construction also. The only differences are the maker (H.AURICH DRESDEN), the safety pin is slightly smaller, and the "guards star" rays end in smooth polygon lines instead of individual points. Pin is 18mm. Wish I could post a picture. Real or a copy of Mikes rare find?
                Last edited by Mitglieder; 05-01-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Rlb

Hello Mike, I hope that all is well with you and your Family! Cool Badge that you have there,I've always been partial to the "Pin-Backs". Happy Hunting, Butch

Comment

It still has lots of silvering on the front.
                    Have a similar one, together with the stickpin-form but the star has already a yellowish tone from the underneath buntmetall. The reverse is still silver covered and mm Hoffstätter.

Regards, Wim
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Mike,

Beautiful badge!

Mine is a bit damaged and by a different maker.
                      Attached Files
                      RonR

Comment

Reverse:
                        Attached Files
                        RonR

Comment

After seeing my badge on a few dubious seller sites, I am now convinced mine is fake.
                          Although very simliar to the ones on this thread. The "prussian guards star" piece on the badge is the giveaway. Mine ends in simple even lines forming an octagon shape. Where the authentic ones on this thread have a bumpy edge from each individual ray...would appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X