HJ Foriegners honor badge....original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Foriegners honor badge....original?

another member mailed pics of this badge to me...i think it looks good...however the maker mark is throwing me...i was under the impression these should not be marked...
    comments???
    thanks
    mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I believe that's the Hallmark of Hermann Aurich, Dresden

Comment

James
          that is correct...however the problem is not the mark but that it is there in the first place...i heard from C. Ailsby as well as others that believe this is a fake....
          mike

Originally posted by jnoble
          I believe that's the Hallmark of Hermann Aurich, Dresden

Comment

Hi,

I agree, it should be unmarked. IMHO, I have my doubts about the same badge in red or green border. I definitely dont like any of them with the maker mark.

John

Comment

I agree, Mike already knows my opinion regarding the mark (there shouldn't be one), but the coloured ones other than brown should also be avoided.

Cheers
              Don

Comment

My mistake, when I saw your comment about the mark throwing you that's what I was answering too. But what is the reasoning behind the idea that these badges shouldn't have a MM based on? As most HJ related items are marked by their makers.
                James.
                Originally posted by Mike Pinkus
                another member mailed pics of this badge to me...i think it looks good...(however the maker mark is throwing me)...i was under the impression these should not be marked...
                comments???
                thanks
                mike

Comment

HJ Badge

I have found two of these directly from WWII US veterans and both were brown and unmarked. I also believe all the different color ones and the Aurich marked ones are bad.
                  Ron Weinand
                  Weinand Militaria

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

To answer this old thread, the only known originals are brown and unmarked. The others were introduced in the 1980's. No orders are for the different colours. As to a red boardered piece being sold as original. Possibly the Dealer believed it to be OK. Many dealers have items they think are OK but infact are not. This is an honest mistake because the items are extreemly rare and have not been viewed in the hand. As a illistration, on a dealers list is a SA High leaders riding badge. This is a copy.

Comment

One should never doubt that even respected dealers sell bogus items. Everyone is human and makes mistakes.

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 08-30-2006, 11:26 AM. Reason: added a bit

Comment

No dealer knows everything about everything. Most dealers have a lot of expertise about certain items- daggers, helmets, etc.- but not so much expertise about other items they may come across and offer for sale. Advanced collectors very often will have more knowledge about a given item than a dealer. Collectors need to do their own research and know what they are buying in all cases.

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X