Frauenschaft Type II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frauenschaft Type II

Hello Folks, Her is a badge I purchased off e-stand recently. It is the small version of this type and you can see it is nicely marked on the reverse. However, I beleive that the front of the badge should read Nat Soz Fr and not Nat Soz Frauenschaft. It measures approx. 21.5 mm in width by 21.5 mm in height. Would anyone have an example like this? I beleive St.&L maker is M/63 which is on my maker list for type II badges. Thanks for all your help as allways. Please give objective opinions as I plan on returning this if it doesn't pass muster. Merry Christmas to all! Regards Robert

Here are the images. Thank you all.
    Attached Files

Comment

Now for the reverse. If this is a copy they really made quite an effort with regard to markings. Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

You real mean this is a copy??? Please send it back with full refund of your money.

Comment

Ralf, Hard to beleive but I beleive the letters are wrong on the front. I want to see what others think. I would prefer not to have to return. I want it to be autentic. Robert

Comment

Originally posted by burgerhaus
            Hello Folks, Her is a badge I purchased off e-stand recently. It is the small version of this type and you can see it is nicely marked on the reverse. However, I beleive that the front of the badge should read Nat Soz Fr and not Nat Soz Frauenschaft. It measures approx. 21.5 mm in width by 21.5 mm in height. Would anyone have an example like this? I beleive St.&L maker is M/63 which is on my maker list for type II badges. Thanks for all your help as allways. Please give objective opinions as I plan on returning this if it doesn't pass muster. Merry Christmas to all! Regards Robert
            These things drive me up the wall . I firmly believe that next to the part badge, these things are the most faked enamel badge out there. The coloured bordered ones more so than the standard members pins though.

Do you have Hüsken? He lists one of this design, he calls it the 5th form (catalogue no 9118g) in a small size. However, he doesn't give actual measurements just groß & klien.

Looks OK to me though if that's any help

Cheers
            Don

Comment

It´s Heering-Hüsken No. 9118g - NS-Frauenschaft 6th type little
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That is indeed the page I was talking about. However, if the images are to scale you will see that it is larger than the very small Nat Soz Fr badge shown (9118j). Hüsken only lists the other badge as klein.

We must also remeber that Hüsken is only a dealers catalogue, there are disputed items featured in it.....

Cheers
                  Don

Comment

Guys, Maybe someone with a Nat Soz Fr would take a measurement to compare. This page appears to be too small to be 9118g. Unless the sizes of Heusken's images are incorrect in relationship to each other. Someone out here must have a Nat Soz Fr to measure and compare. Thanks for all the imput. beleieve me, the last thing I want to do is return it. What a minefield. If this one proves foul that will give me a streak of 3 in a row in this category alone. Talk soon, Robert

Comment

Not to be in haste. You have a lifelong guarantee to return it.

Comment

ralf, My life or yours? Only making joke. I like to learn as much as I can about these things. Frauenschaft Badges are hard ones. Merry Christmas. Robert

Comment

I have an identical one - same wording - except slightly later with an RZM mark and "63", making it an early 1935 piece also by Steinhauer & Luck. Yours is probably late 1934. S&L was one of the largest manufacturers of NSF badges.

I also have the 17mm size, but the wording is shortened to "N.S. FRAUENSCH." It only has "GES. GESCH." on the pinplate - no maker's mark - making it also late 1934.

Your badge looks 100% original to me.

Comment

Hi folks
                            It there somewhere an official RZM publication or list which states what each maker was licensed and allowed to produce..??? There must be something somewhere I guess? That was we could narrow some fakes into a corner but I suppose its almost wishful thinking.
                            Regards
                            Matt Gibbs

Comment

There is no comprehensive RZM list, as licensees were added incrementally as was insignia.

There was a large initial RZM Handbook published in 1934, with monthly updates in newsletter format. The first volume is the size of a phonebook. That book is extremely rare. I have only seen two copies.

I have published most of the "M" series manfacturer numbers in my book on the RZM, but someday I hope to find and produce the entire handbook in facsimilie format if I can ever get my hands on copy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X