Jungmadel summer coat insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jungmadel summer coat insignia

I have just aquired a Gaufuhrerin coat insignia.It is a very impressively manufactured,heavy bullion,uncut patch.I am having very little luck finding any info on the value of it.I understand that this is a very rare item that doesn't come up for sale very often.I purchased it with a group of other cloth items not knowing what it was at 1st.

Any thoughts to a rough estimate of it's value or suggestion as to where I may find some more information about this piece,is very much appreciated.

Many thanks,Jim P

anyone?

No ideas?

Comment

Would you be able to post some images? These, like everything else, are faked.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

I would post pics,but I am not an association member.

jim

Comment

here are the pictures.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c398/jimp10x/?sc=1

Thanks, Jim

Comment

Hello Jim,
            Have you checked the background with UV? Or tried burning a thread of the background material? This looks like the bevo type patch type that came out in the early 80s.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

No UV glow on any of it and all thread burns to ash.Even the bullion thread on the inside burns to ash and leaves the metal.

Jim

Comment

I remember the first show I bought one of these at. It made my show because they are so rare. Next show I went to everybody had them. That is generally a bad sign.

I think somebody slipped in a zinger on you there .

Sorry to be the bearer - Bill Huber

Comment

So did you investigate your patch any further,or assume it was a repro and toss it out?Did yours pass the UV and burn tests?? Mine does with flying colors,from the bullion thread to the thin base material.I am not saying that there aren't repros of this insignia out there,what I am saying is that just because there are doesn't automatically make this insignia one of them.

Is there anyone who has owned or handled a known original??I have had a few real good repro hat and breast adlers,one or two that were pretty tough to call,but none of them stand up to the quality and craftsmanship of this piece.

If it turns out to be wrong,so be it.I want to know,thats why I posed the question.I just think it is awful unproffesional to cast doubt on something due to its rarity and "there are fakes of this one out there"mentality.

I mean no disrespect,I am just a collector insearch of the truth.Opinions welcome,but please don't condem it unless you are 99% sure and give a solid reason why.

Respectfully,

Jim P

Comment

I think I have one of the fake examples from the early 80s somewhere but have been unable to find it so far--I wanted to see how it compares to your example.
                    Every original I'm aware of is hand embroidered bullion--I've never seen an original bevo example. That's not to say none existed, but I don't have any photos or images of bevo originals to compare either yours or mine to.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X