Hitler youth Bann numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler youth Bann numbers

Is there a list of HJ bann numbers linked with there regions? I have been looking around but have been unable unable to find any, If some one could suggest a book or web ref with these it would be great. Or am I just missing something?

Thanks

Nick

Nick-
    There was a fairly complete list published by U. S. Army Intellegence at the end of the war. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who has published it. I have a copy of it and would be happy to research any numbers you might like to obtain information on.
    Bob

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the info.
      At the moment it is more out of interest, I just found it odd people know what numbers went with the regions but I could not find a list. I would like to collect the district triangle with the correct shoulder boards and this is one way of checking it.

Comment

HJ listings

I too have a list, if you need some numbers checked, don't be afraid to ask. I used to be a serious HJ collector. A few of my items are photographed in the Halcomb/Littlejohn and Angolia series.

Kurt Barickman

Comment

HJ Organization Book

I have an original HJ Organization Book with the bann numbers and the Gebiet it was assigned to in 1937. This book is a small tan book with a large color HJ diamond on the cover. I have only seen one of these over the years and will be publishing the list in my update of my NPEA book that will be released next year.
          Ron Weinand
          Weinand Militaria

Comment

Thank you for the replys and the offers of help, I have a copy of the Littlejohn book and did see your name in it Kurt.

Comment

Later Numbers

I have the list of HJ Bann numbers from 1936, but the list stops at 366. I have shoulderboards for 506, 565, 568, 624, 640, 644, 768, 778, 788, and 865. If anyone might know what districts these were I would greatly appreciate the information.

If you want the earlier numbers let me know and I will be more than happy to send them to you.

Brad
              rev_hastings@yahoo.com
              New Zealand
              Last edited by B. Hastings; 08-27-2006, 11:06 PM. Reason: Misspelled word.

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XEN View Post
                  Hi Brad, I had a look at my list and pulled out the following for your shoulderboards:

506 Bann Wien-Südwest (Gebiet 27 Wien)
                  565 Bann Spittal (Gebiet 31 Kärnten)
                  568 Bann Wolfsberg (Gebiet 31 Kärnten)
                  624 Bann Leitmeritz (Gebiet 35 Sudetenland)
                  640 Bann Oxhöft (Gebiet 37 Danzig-Westpreussen)
                  644 Bann Schwetz-Kulm (Gebiet 37 Danzig-Westpreussen)
                  768 Bann Esch (Gebiet 12 Moselland)
                  778 Bann Hildburghausen (Gebiet 17 Thüringen)
                  788 Bann Grevenmacher (Gebiet 12 Moselland)

865 Not shown on my list
                  Many thanks, XEN, and much appreciated. Wish that we could find a comprehensive list of all the Banns.

Comment

There is a small problem here. The listing published by the US Government at the end of the war and listings from the HJ Organization Buch differ depending on the year of publication. It seems that some Bann numbers changed at some point during the time the book was published and the end of the war. The change was in town name or location, but not always the Gebiet number, so you would almost have to know when the item was made and which listing was in effect at the time the item was issued to be sure if the number of the Bann and the location was correct.
                    I will be publishing a copy of the Bann numbers and their location and Gebiet for July 1937 in the revision of my NPEA Daggers and Associated Knives due out in February of 2007.
                    Ron Weinand
                    Weinand Militaria

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

The 1937 Organization Buch goes only up to 444.
                          Ron Weinand
                          Weinand Militaria

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X