Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutscher Siedlerbund or not?

Hello,
    I picked up this plaque which is described as being for the Deutscher Siedlerbund on various websites but also see that the Deutscher Siedlerbund design is shown as an eagle encompassing a house and the lettering DSB. For some reason I thought I had read in the past that the plaque I show was for another organization other than the Siedlerbund. Am I mistaken or am I not understanding something & that both are designs for the Deutscher Siedlerbund? Thanks for any help or info.
    Duzig(Bill)

Hi Bill:

Your plaque has the initials VS which is the Volkssozialistische Selbsthilfe. Not absolutely sure what that organization did but the nearest I can understand is that it is a regional organization that people donate to and the money is used for a variety of purposes including building homes. That donation seems to have not been voluntary according to this article.

https://www.historisches-lexikon-bay...pfalz,_1933/34

Here is the same door plaque offered by Weitze https://www.weitze.net/militaria/36/...S__186136.html

Curt

Comment

Curt,
      thank you very much for answering my question. As I mentioned I was pretty sure I had read somewhere that the plaque and the insignia on the pin were for different organizations but could not remember where or what the plaque was for. I guess I am not the only one who cannot read or make out German lettering. Again, I thank you very much for clearing up my wrong understanding of what this plaque was for. It is appreciated!
      Bill

Comment

you're very welcome Bill. The Fraktur lettering can sometimes be confusing.

Typeface samples[edit]

Comment

Curt, thank you again for that typeface lettering sample. That will surely come in handy and very helpful for me. Fractur lettering surely is confusing. Again much thanks for your help
          Bill

Comment

Curt is right with the VS. But the shown red DSB badge is a known fake.

Comment

Reinhard, thank you for that info also. I actually had one of those years ago & was told it was fake also. Again thanks for your help and info also.
              Bill

Comment

A good one...

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X