25 year NSDAP medal and bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 year NSDAP medal and bracelet

These came back via Grandpa and were in the attic until recently so I was told. A bit shagged on the back but I am not complaining. I now have the complete set which is nice. The bracelet is part of the Political Gorget I believe.Rob
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Very nice....I’m not a SME on these but it sure looks nice. HM’ed “19”...Especially since it was brought back by your Grandfather. I like it.

Comment

Sorry it wasn't my grandad the Japanese didnt have these lol , An American persons grandpops. Rob

Comment

Perfectly original Deumer-made piece

Congratulations, Ian.

Comment

Thank you Ian I would probably get more interest if I posted a rusty German helmet ! Rob

( in fact I shall do that now )

Comment

incredible

Comment

I suspect political TR collectors may be driven off by the poor quality and excessive wear of the award. Nonetheless, I tend to agree it is a contemporary original.

Comment

The quality isn’t that bad the front will clean up
                with a tooth brush And of course it’s one of the rarest TR awards and it an original. As awarded to a long time member of the NSDAP. And not many people have one. I guess you would reject Hitlers half burnt hat because of its poor condition. “DRIVEN OFF” . I call it rudeness . Rob

Comment

hello Rob
                  i am an happy man if i have this( poor) medal in my collection!!
                  best regards
                  patrick

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                    I suspect political TR collectors may be driven off by the poor quality and excessive wear of the award. Nonetheless, I tend to agree it is a contemporary original.
                    Not really - I also have a ring stamped '19' NSDAP 25 yr award with slight damage to lettering and it is a beautiful - and as stated - extremely rare award. This particular maker is the only 'accepted' maker as far as I am aware so I am pleased that you 'tend to agree' that is an original!

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
                      The quality isn’t that bad the front will clean up
                      with a tooth brush And of course it’s one of the rarest TR awards and it an original. As awarded to a long time member of the NSDAP. And not many people have one.
                      I agree completely Rob, find a better one by Deumer for sale ... not the other questionable types.

I would strongly suggest you leave it exactly as it is, the starburst is gold-frosted and the edges polished ... you try to clean it with anything other than a soft brush or duster and you will damage the finish. Here's mine which may demonstrate what I mean on the finish ..

20170409-192558.jpg

20170409-192358.jpg

Ian

Comment

Great piece to find and it's really not in bad condition--I've seen much worse. I agree about the finish. I wouldn't do anything to it, but if you wish to try to dust it off, I'd use a soft, camel hair or sable brush very gently.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Robb,

an extremely lucky find, please don’t apply toothbrush to it!

These are wonderful and beautiful awards, you’re a lucky man. Yours is a beauty in its own right.

Now. even though the crowd didn’t respond to it, if you want to trade a nice helmet for it I’m ready to accommodate you!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Volksturmer View Post
                            Now. even though the crowd didn’t respond to it,
                            To me it feels like 'The Crowd' are out of town at the moment

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post

Not really - I also have a ring stamped '19' NSDAP 25 yr award with slight damage to lettering
                              Here it is - it has been repaired at some point in the past :12. NSDAP 25yr '19'.JPG
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X