If Mamma knew....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mamma knew....

I wonder if his Mom or the Oberst thought about the possibility.........
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Attached Files
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Attached Files
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Nice Mothers Cross in gold.

A question that I never really answered, what are the qualifications between the gold, silver, and bronze?

Comment

Nice presentation Dave. A stark reminder of the people that go to war the the loved ones they leave behind.
          Don
          pseudo-expert

Comment

I'd bet the Oberst knew!!!!

Seriously though...it was the amount of children a Mother gave birth to for Germany!
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 50_CAL
              Nice Mothers Cross in gold.

A question that I never really answered, what are the qualifications between the gold, silver, and bronze?
              Bronze was for women who gave birth to 4-5 children

Silver was for having 6-7 children

Gold was for 8 or more

Comment

Thanks Jason,

Now I know the exact numbers, thanks

Comment

Thanks Don and then there's the idiot family member who feels no connection whatsoever and "SELLS" a guy's entire life for little or no $......

Family values in the US or Europe are waning but that's off topic.

Here's a fellow who made it through WWI and WW2 but the poor 21 yr. old didn't.
                  Attached Files
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Its a little ironic that WWI, the war to end all wars, was basically the cause of WWII. Keeping in mind this is a generalization.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                      Thanks Don and then there's the idiot family member who feels no connection whatsoever and "SELLS" a guy's entire life for little or no $......
                      Still, better than throwing it in the bin... plenty of people that do that...Cheers, Torsten.

PS: I still have most of the medals, Wehrpass, Soldbuch, Certificates and photo albums of both of my grandfathers, that both served throughout WW2 and both survived WW2 and the POW camps afterwards and for as long as I have those, they will never be sold and I will also not show them publicly on this forum or anywhere else...as far as I am concerned, those things are private and they will remain private...

Comment

I have a large collection of Death Memorial Cards.
                        They never fail to make me feel sad for the individual concerned, most of whom were ordinary soldiers caught up in events beyond their control.
                        Also I wonder about the sadness caused to the families, particularly those that lost two or more members.
                        These items should be treated with the respect they deserve.

Comment

My brother lives in Germany with a woman who's father was the Army Paymaster for one of the occupied Channel Islands. She has all of his military things but will not show them to me as they are "private". She also will not speak to me as she knows of my militaria hobby and believes I am stealing Germany's heritage and history. I once made the mistake of sending a fax of a Nazi document to my brother's office. Someone in his office saw it and it started a huge uproar over the same subject. He warned me that it is a very sensitive subject with the Germans and never send another fax. On the other hand, my brother tracked down a Kriegsmarine Warrant Officer for me and his son, who had all papa's stuff (papa was deceased) simply gave it to me because the son was still mad at papa for divorcing the son's mother during the war. It is indeed a sensitive subject and I always reassure the person who has it that I will treat it with honor and respect. It helps if they know someone really cares and is not going to rip them off just to turn a fast profit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X