? on a GAUTAG tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? on a GAUTAG tinnie

I bought a 1937 gautag tinnie dated 4-6 juni for 10 euros.Looked it up on the internet and the badge is almost exactly the same;but the date on internet shows 25-27 juni;also mine has a flat back but has the maker FR.ZIMMERMANN STUTTGART.Ohh Stuttgart gautag.Did I buy a fake.Sorry but not allowed to post pics and no digicam anyway.

GREAT SITE LOVE ALL THE INFO U CAN GET HERE

I have the same tinnie as you describe with the same maker mark and with the help of Reinhard's book IM able to show you there were in fact two Gauday events celebrated at the first and last of Juni just has you found on the net. So you can rest easy you didn't by a fake.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's my badge
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank You for the reply,mine looks just like yours,its only 10 euros but i feel better now

once again great site to learn and ask questions

Comment

Borowing this thread for this 25-27 of June Gautag coz of jnoble******180;s scan from book.Would the hollow version look like this badge ?? I do strongly feel this badge im posting is a repro since it looks brand new, verry light( Alu?? ) and verry thin,it meassures about 41.73 x 27,90 mm. I also think the text is a bit blur.The eges are verry sharp and aslo the logo on rear feel verry sharp when draging a finger over it The needle it self is magnetic. All toughts and comments welcome
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mickesouth; 06-29-2006, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Rear side.
            Attached Files

Comment

Close-up on logo. I just need som other toughts on it before ill fetch miss sledghammer
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mickesouth; 06-29-2006, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I can see why your concerned about this badge the only thing that looks good on it to me is the eagle the rest of it does look a bit blurry or off set, but then again I haven't see a 25-25 badge in person to compare it with this one.

Comment

Thx jnoble . As i said in the first post i strongly feel this to be a repro. An member at an other forum has the opposit stand on the badge. I ´ll leav miss sledgehammer in the basement for a wile, but i know where she is

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X