Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice something like this in a WHW reference book and was wondering if this is WHW.. Thanks Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mike
      is NOT WHW The glass figure is from an old strategy board game there are in blue, red, white, yellow
      regards
      Guy

Comment

Thanks as I had seen some similar in a reference book for WHW items. Don't think this is glass but plastic. I'll double check it. Thanks Guy

Comment

Parteitag insignia

Hello gentlemen .
          Here are two pictures from one of my political badges .
          It's an unusually elaborated design with a general frame that reminds me of the RAD insignias .
          There is no maker's mark and the text reads " 2 GAUPARTEITAG SAARBURG , 14.U.15.OKT.33. , N.S.D.A.P. , SAARGEBIET "

Front view :

Rear view , showing the pin :

Comment

is this from the Mother and Child Collection as well or not related at all??
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Mike,

This is a pretty seldom seen piece from Gau Schwaben. There were 5 pieces in the series...it is Tieste # 30 015 Oberländer Bauer.

Hope this helps!
              Chrys

Comment

Thanks, one of these days I need to get his books..so the mother and child one is not in this set and any idea why the different colored backing on this one? Mike
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mike Dunn; 02-18-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Here are two more Gau Schwaben WHW items..Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I don't think that the different color makes any difference really. Guy may know more about that than I do though.

Nice pick ups Mike

Chrys

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dunn View Post
                        Thanks, one of these days I need to get his books..so the mother and child one is not in this set and any idea why the different colored backing on this one? Mike
                        Hello mike
                        the tinnie is not from mother and child it is from WHW Gau Schwaben they existed in various yellow tones and red
                        regrads
                        Guy

Comment

Thanks to both of you! Now I guess I need to look for the other four tinnies. Mike

Comment

A little something that came in the other day!

It is from Gau Franken 07-300.

Chrys
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is nice-what does the back look like? Mike

Comment

Hey Mike,

I am not going to be able to get good pics of it up until after I get back from the SOS. I took this quick scan just so I could show it to a few friends....the reverse scan came out blurry.

It is maker marked 'L.CHR. LAUER NURNBERG'. It is two piece construction...the disk on the front is applied onto the cross itself. The enamel is flawless...I was extremely lucky to get this.

I was told that the funnel represented the 'funneling' of knowledge to the brain. I believe it was based from some sort of old German folk story.

When I get back I'll post some real good crisp pics of the obverse and reverse Mike.

Chrys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X