• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1938 NSV badge

Can I get an opinion on this nsv badge
    I know the pics are not great

Thx
    Attached Files

I wouldn't buy it. Those from which I know that they are original don't have the white enamel.

Comment

And the attaching pin setup is all wrong. For the love of God it looks brand new!

Comment

Oh well, can't win em' all ! Gwar !

Comment

The originals are remembrance badges in 2 sizes for female and male NSV members which helped during the annexion of the Sudetenland. There was also one other for NSDAP members and one for the Freikorps Sudetenland.

Comment

Originally posted by burgerhaus View Post
            And the attaching pin setup is all wrong. For the love of God it looks brand new!
            Burgerhause, could you post pictures of an original example of this badge to show what you feel is the correct setup? Or are you just saying that the badge with white enamel has a different setup from what you would expect?

Alen Davidson

Comment

There is one at the Ruptured Duck.

Comment

Thank you Reinhard2.

Comment

I just looked at the Duck site and see he offers the larger version for males I would guess so forgive me about the wrong attaching pin setup statement.. Ill post my small example shortly.

Comment

Here it is. Forgive my lack of any photo skills.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The more often encountered big badge is for females, the less seen is for males.

Comment

The more often encountered big badge is for females, the less seen little one is for males.

Comment

Oh I would have thought the opposite. So Duck is asking $395 for the more common? I can only imagine what he would ask for the smaller one!!! LOL

Comment

Burgerhause, now I see why you made the comment about the setup.

Here is my original example. It is essentially identical to the one Bill has for sale, except that mine has opaque red enamel instead of clear red enamel. Since everything else, including the setup, seems to be the same, I would say it is a different production run, not a different maker. The difference in enamel also occurs in NSDAP (and I think HJ) member badges.

I have owned my example for about 15 years and remember seeing another 5 - 10 years before that.

Alen Davidson

Sudeten German Hilfwerk front.jpg Sudeten German Hilfwerk rear.jpg

Comment

Those with orange enamel are more scarce than those with red. An interesting thing: The Sudetendeutsches Freikorps badge shows both types ( orange + red) of enamel, that's why I think that it could be the same producer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X