Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westmark badge

Hello,

Could you say me please if this badge is authentic or fake ?
    Thank you very much !
    Best regards
    Attached Files

Hi,
    It’s original

Comment

Looks ok.

Regards Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I like yours.

This one is mine for comparison. Dont know if its original now as the person I bought from recently sold me a fake HJ pin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yours is okay. Personnally, I don't like the very often seen Redo ones with oval pin plate. If you look, how many habitants were in this region and how often you see those ..... !?

Comment

I have no explanation why these oval pin plate examples are found on regular base but if you study them in detail (under a microscope) you see all evidence of a hand crafted die. So in my opinion they are good.

Regards, Wim
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thank you very much for your comments !
              I didn't know this diffence between oval and round pin plate. Do we know originals with oval pin plate ?

Comment

I consider this one as 100% original. Bought from Jo Rivett and tested under the microscope. Note the colored spots in the white enamel and the uneven lettering in the maker mark and location.

Regards, Wim
                Attached Files
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

details:
                  Attached Files
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

The badge you have posted to start this thread (W.Redo Saarlautern) has an oval plate and is original IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard2 View Post
                      Yours is okay. Personnally, I don't like the very often seen Redo ones with oval pin plate. If you look, how many habitants were in this region and how often you see those ..... !?
                      In Alsace there were not necessary a lot of habitants neither but look how often you see the very common badge Opferring Elsass (...still original with 2 different makers only)

Comment

Thank you for the pictures and the explanations, so you are finally sure this badge is good ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X