Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 DVG Westmark for opinions

Hello,
    I need your help and new eyes on these two badges to know if it's fake or good for each one (even if they seem similar).
    Best regards, and have a good day.

Number 1 :
    P5062858.jpgP5062857.jpg

Number 2 :
    P5062859.jpgP5062857 copie.jpg

Personnellement, je préfère celui avec la petite plaque d'épingle ronde. Les plus rassurants sont celles marquées avec RZM 9/...

Comment

Hello Reinhard2,

Thanks for your feeling.

A French correspondant feels the letters (W.REDO SAARLAUTERN) on reverse less precise, on the number 1.
      Imo, it's because of the wear of the matrix (google traduces "die", matrix seems to me better).

Imo, the color variant of red due to firing of enamel.

Imo, again, the lack of the point after LOTH on the number 1 is due to a weaker polishing of the enamel.

I will post tomorrow a third, with an oval tablet on reverse, a point after LOTH, and letter (W.REDO SAARLAUTERN) on reverse slightly degraded (wear of the matrix ?).

Other opinions are very very welcomed.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi all,

A third. Thanks for your opinions about these three badges.
        P5092896.jpgP5092893.jpg
        Best,

Comment

I like all three badges, they are all original. Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Zirnhelt View Post
            I like all three badges, they are all original. Vince
            Agree. I see nothing wrong with these 3 badges

Comment

Schoenwurf, Zirnhelt,

Lot of thanks.

Other opinions are very welcomed, because three members of a French forum are convinced that the first (round tablet) is a fake because of the letters wear (wear of the counter-matrix, as I wrote, imo).

Best.
              Last edited by PierreMessmer; 05-09-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PierreMessmer View Post
                Schoenwurf, Zirnhelt,

Lot of thanks.

Other opinions are very welcomed, because three members of a French forum are convinced that the first (round tablet) is a fake because of the letters wear (wear of the counter-matrix, as I wrote, imo).

Best.
                Well, I must admit that I also feel the most comfortable with the second and the third. It looks like the first has no pebbling at all in the red field and the letterring is very thin?

Regards, Wim
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Several variations of this badge were made and I 'm pretty sure one had an opaque red swastica so that doesnt bother me. I think the thin lettering is just a variation.
                  Morigi made a fake of this in the early seventies but it was marked only W.REDO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zirnhelt View Post
                    Several variations of this badge were made and I 'm pretty sure one had an opaque red swastica so that doesnt bother me. I think the thin lettering is just a variation.
                    Morigi made a fake of this in the early seventies but it was marked only W.REDO.
                    Yes, I agree that the fakes are marked only with W. Redo. Maybe it's just the picture that doesn't give me a good feeling.

Regards, Wim
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X