Gautreffen Thur-Erfurt Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gautreffen Thur-Erfurt Pin

Hi all - I have a couple questions about this type of badge. I've used the Ailsby collection as a reference for what little knowledge I do have. I found this on a commonly known site to most of us. So here are my two questions for the experts:

1. Is this pin real? The date with the 4 added isn't like any other example I've seen (again limited), the depth of some of the lines looks incorrect & the back looks odd to me.

2. What was the diffrence between the 3 versions of this pin awarded for this particular Gautreffen on June 4th 1933?

Thanks

Rob F.
    Attached Files

This one seems to be a fake of an in Germany common meeting badge. Would be nice to see the back.

Comment

here's the back
      Attached Files

Comment

What disturbs me is that the lines of the left wing seen from the front are not that straight and that the needle seems to be a little bit longer.

Comment

Looks like an original to me.

I see no problem.

Comment

No expert but your tinnie looks good to me as well. You have the version with the full date (D/M/Y), I have attached a picture of the same type/version showing only the month & year and there is of course the Thüringen Gau badge (in 800 silver with the award serial #) which has the same design but no date in the lower left arm and different hardware

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps Reinhard 2 can show his example.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                No expert but your tinnie looks good to me as well. You have the version with the full date (D/M/Y), I have attached a picture of the same type/version showing only the month & year and there is of course the Thüringen Gau badge (in 800 silver with the award serial #) which has the same design but no date in the lower left arm and different hardware

JC
                So they made versions of this badge with the day date as well...that is very helpful to know. What kind of value do these have? Can you possibly explain the difference to between the Thuringen Gau (other than the silver & numbered) - why were they different is what I'm getting at?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry Rob ; like I said no expert so no idea as to why there are slight variations of the same badge or what they are worth these days

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X