X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSB badge

Hello Guys.

Is this a pre 45 badge?

If yes, are they in the same range as DRL badges?

Thanks for any support.
    Attached Files

this is after 1945 and DSB is Deutscher Sportbund, so much cheaper as DRL

Comment

As said above, post-war and inexpensive. (In Germany, you can buy a bronze DSB badge for about 10 to 20 Euros.)

The DSB badge was awarded from 1952 to 2007, when it was replaced by the DOSB one.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by HPL2008; 03-10-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Hi HPL2008,

I'm sorry, but that is not the official line; the DRL without the swastika is unofficial.

This is the official national line:

Uwe
          Attached Files

Comment

I am aware of this and didn't say they were official. This was just intended as an illustration of what existed and was worn (with a single bronze-grade badge shown as a representative example for each design).

But, in the interest of clarity, here's a caption/timeline to go with my photo:

• 1913 - 1934: DRA* [= Deutscher Reichsausschuss für Leibesübungen]
            • 1934 - 1945**: DRL (with Swastika) [= Deutscher Reichsbund für Leibesübungen]
            • early post-war period: DRL (without Swastika)*** [= Deutscher Reichsbund für Leibesübungen]
            • 1952 - 2007: DSB [= Deutscher Sportbund]
            • since 2007: DOSB [= Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund]

*) Awards discontinued in WW I and resumed in 1921.
            **) Awards discontinued in 1944.
            ***) Commercially manufactured and sold as replacement pieces for recipients of the "DRL" badge (no new awards).
            Last edited by HPL2008; 03-11-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I apologize once again.

This is my version:

- 1913 - 1934/1935: DRA* [= Deutscher Reichsausschuss für Leibesübungen]

- 1935 - 1945**: DRL (with Swastika) [= Deutscher Reichsbund für Leibesübungen, since 1937 = Deutsche Reichsauszeichnung für Leibesübungen]

- (early post-war period: DRL (without Swastika)*** )

- 1952 - 2007: DSB [= Deutscher Sportbund]

- since 2007: DOSB [= Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund]

*) Awards discontinued in WW I and resumed in 1919.
              **) Normal awards discontinued in 1944, only the badge for disabled persons was continued until 1945.
              ***) Commercially manufactured and sold as replacement pieces for recipients of the "DRL" badge.

Because I could not find any official or unofficial "regulations" for the DRL badge without the swastika, it is for me a fantasy badge.
              If someone should present any contemporary evidence, e.g. pointing to a state sports federation (z.B. Landessportverband) before 1952 that authorize the issue, then they are at least halfway to the other sports badges of the period before 1952, the sports badges since 1948/1949/1950 up to 1952 with the initials BSA, DSA, LSA and SLA.

Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X