David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

heeresbergführer abzeichen what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas Hoff might think its original but I don't.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Thomas Hoff might think its original but I don't.

Stan
      for what reason? what do you think is wrong? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aleš hultschin View Post
        for what reason? what do you think is wrong? Thanks
        Not mine, but here's an original.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GHP View Post
          Not mine, but here's an original.
          besides the difference of flower attachment I find the same

Comment

Originally posted by Aleš hultschin View Post
            besides the difference of flower attachment I find the same
            Yours has metal lettering and it has been blackened. You can see the white enamel right up against the lettering; the lettering is raised metal similar to what is found in cloisonne work.

WWII badges had painted (silk-screen?) lettering that could scrape off.
            Image from e-medals.

I have read that others posit your type is an early BW version.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by GHP; 02-28-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Here's another example of the lettering from a WAF owner.

If you look closely at the two *originals" I posted, you'll note slight differences in the lettering, the tops of b, the "r" the space at the top of the "H".
              Attached Files
              Last edited by GHP; 02-28-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Removed by me; redundant post.
                Last edited by GHP; 02-28-2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

The same offered now in eBay....

regards
                  Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here's another example of the lettering from a WAF owner.

If you look closely at the two *originals" I posted, you'll note slight differences in the lettering, the tops of b, the "r" the space at the top of the "H".
                    Thanks you werry much

Comment

The guys are absolutely right! The badge which started the thread is a fake for sure!

Best, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                        The guys are absolutely right! The badge which started the thread is a fake for sure!

Best, Peter
                        Hello Peter,

I have read another WAF opinion stating that the badge shown here was early Bundeswehr. It has all the quality enamelling and well-defined edelweiß -- unlike the modern reproductions and fakes. The major difference is the raised metal lettering vice the hand-written lettering (see various differences in brushwork I highlighted above), and the method of securing the edelweiß using bent wire vice rivets.

Regarding the original poster's badge, it looks to me like someone used a chemical such as liver of sulphur to darken the raised metal lettering (was gold colored); note the darkened pits in the white enamel on the lower half of the badge.

I would like to have this badge in my collection -- as a possible early BW abzeichen -- due to its high-quality workmanship.

-- Guy

Comment

Hello Peter,

I have read another WAF opinion stating that the badge shown here was early Bundeswehr. It has all the quality enamelling and well-defined edelweiß -- unlike the modern reproductions and fakes. The major difference is the raised metal lettering vice the hand-written lettering (see various differences in brushwork I highlighted above), and the method of securing the edelweiß using bent wire vice rivets.

Regarding the original poster's badge, it looks to me like someone used a chemical such as liver of sulphur to darken the raised metal lettering (was gold colored); note the darkened pits in the white enamel on the lower half of the badge.

I would like to have this badge in my collection -- as a possible early BW abzeichen -- due to its high-quality workmanship.

-- Guy
                          Maybe You're right, I don't know. But it is for sure not a 3-R-produced badge.

Best wishes,

Peter

Comment

Something to know: Thomas Hoff let fake many badges in Czechoslovakia in good quality, for example the SS shooting badges. That's why there are well made ones in aluminium on the market which are nevertheless too heavy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X