Two Mother's Crosses in gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Mother's Crosses in gold

Hello everyone, I did a search and the topic of mother's crosses seems to come up in several different forums so I am doing a crosspost in this case. I found these items among some others at an estate sale in TX that kicks off today. I am in Minnesota and the estate sale manager has been communicating with me and sent me every photo I asked for. They had Jackson Armory in Dallas, TX come in and validate their items and I also called that dealer directly and spoke with them. Each cross is $100. Price is form, as anything that doesn't sell will be purchased by above mentioned dealer and taken to SOS. Aside from the one cross seeming to miss a bit of gold on the front, everything seem good? Ribbons are original as far as I know. Opinions? Concerns? Pricing?
    Attached Files

They both look good to me but the price seems a little high considering they’re coming from an estate sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob W. View Post
      They both look good to me but the price seems a little high considering they’re coming from an estate sale.
      What would be a more appropriate price in your opinion?

Comment

Both are all original including ribbon and cases from these pictures. I don't think the price is unreasonable considering they are in their original cases but just my opinion.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by no1canuck View Post
          Both are all original including ribbon and cases from these pictures. I don't think the price is unreasonable considering they are in their original cases but just my opinion.

Steve
          Thanks Steve. I see they are two different manufacturers, not sure if that really weighs into value on medals and awards.

Comment

I don't think it will affect the price on a mothers cross. But with other awards some makers bring premium prices.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by no1canuck View Post
              I don't think it will affect the price on a mothers cross. But with other awards some makers bring premium prices.

Steve
              Good to know, thanks. I'm also picking up a set of wound badges (all three classes) and an Eastern Front medal from the same estate seller. Total comes to $300.

Comment

The one I purchased came, thought I'd share pics!
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X