S-A Treffen Braunschweig Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-A Treffen Braunschweig Help Please

Good evening all! I'm new to the forum and have an opportunity to add these two SA Braunschweig badges to my collection. I wanted to see what you guys think and vet them here before pulling the trigger. Would you guys please take a look and tell me what you think? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Can't really say why, but I don't like any of the three badges you show.
    Pete

Comment

I think the first one looks like it is a good one. The second one for some collectors, they insist that the text should be embossed, rather than raised.

Mil

Comment

Hi Megadeth135, and welcome among us -- it's GOOD to have you here on WAF!

As Mil has stated it, you raise a question that has existed for some decades, at least. For myself, I have three examples of the 1931 S-A Treffen Braunschweig 1931 Badge in my collection: The round design, the hollow oval design and the solid oval design, and I understand that each of these designs represents a different issue period for this classic and eventually officially-recognized NSDAP Honor Badge. And each of the three examples in my collection displays raised letters and surround on the obverse. But I do realize that some of our fellow-collectors have long-held ideas about what an "original" SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 Badge should have...and what it should not have!

Again, welcome aboard; hope to hear from you regularly!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X