NSDAP flag patch assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP flag patch assistance

I am requesting assistance please as I am very much out of my 'normal' collecting field (whatever that means)

As I have completed my Totenkopf collectiing (minus the impossible to find StuG tabs) I have become very interested in the early SA. I thought I would be able to find a decent 'selection' of SA unit tabs and just one Brownshirt, but have been unsuccessful. Where did they all go?

At any rate, I purchased this NSDAP flag patch from my friend Peter Whamond at The Collector's Guild to display with the very few SA tabs I have located, and it looks brilliant. However I could use some help on what it actually is.

I have seen similar full-size 'flags' with similar patches, are these not flags but actually 'office wall banners?

Thank you for any assistance and I will keep hunting for SA unit tabs....

Hey tony ...
    Welcome to collecting early pre 1939 sa material.
    That’s my main focus, all I could say I have been collecting for over a decade and only have a few examples in my collection. Super hard to find that has not been messed with.
    All the best on collecting

Comment

Forgot to mention that corner patch is not sa but nsdap orts gruppen standarte

Comment

Tony, don’t collect early SA. That’s a totally boring subject. All that SA stuff is just ugly crap, totally overpriced, really nothing special. I really can’t recommend you to collect SA. Collect SS or other stuff. But not SA, ok?

Comment

I agree, and if you find any nice SA junk, just let me know and I'll do you a favor and cart it off for you!
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Thank you for the assistance. Don't fear, I am not serious competition for SA. I just want a good worn Brownshirt and some interesting unit tabs. Then I'll drift back to Imperial.

Yes I was aware that this 'corner patch' was not SA, but it it is more 'descriptive' than an SA example. Back to my question; were these actual flags carried on Rally days etc.? Or was it a banner for hanging in the entrance of the office for Ortsgruppe Raisdorf Kreis Plön? The complete 'banners' I have seen, have large metal rings on the side without the fringe, suggesting to me that they were hung on a wall?

At any rate, it certainly 'beefs up' my tiny display SA unit tabs.

Comment

The rings were used with the flagpoles and were carried as you can see in 'Triumph of the Will', for example. There would be a clip above the top ring that fastened to the pole and usually the bottom ring had a hole for a screw to attach it to the pole. The rings in between were not attached to the pole but were free floating.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X