Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder Boards and Cord

Hello,
    I bought these shoulder boards at the San Jose flea market 20 years ago and am just now getting around to finding out what they are. I'm not even sure they're German but figured someone here might know. I plan to sell them at the SoS if I can figure out a going price.

I got the cord from a museum in the Czech Republic about 15 years ago and again not sure what organization it's for or for sure its use, maybe a visor cap cord of some type? Another item I hope to sell at the SoS.

I appreciate any help you can give me.
    Dale
    Attached Files

The shoulder cords are German and apparently for some kind of Sonderführer or Beamter auf Kriegsdauer. The problem is, they don't match either one completely:
    Braided shoulder cords with two yellow slides were worn by Sonderführer (R) (i.e. equivalent to Oberst) of the Heer or Luftwaffe, but those didn't have the green center cord.
    On the other hand, braided shoulder cords with a dark green center cord (the ones seen here look a bit too lightly-colored, but the photo could be deceiving) were worn by Beamte auf Kriegsdauer of the Heer, but the highest rank for those was equivalent to Major and thus didn't have the two yellow slides.

The other cord is not a cap cord, but of the type worn from a tunic button to the button of a pocket flap as a duty position insignia by some organisations, like the Werkscharen. It's too short for a Werkschar one, but could be the Führerschnur worn by the Sturmführer of an NSKK-Sturm. Anyway, it's definitely something along those lines.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for your help, that's exactly what I needed to know. The center on these cords are dark green for sure, my Ott light made them look lighter. I have no idea why the slides are there, but they have been on there so long and fit so tightly that you can't move them so I think they have been that way a long time.
      Dale

Comment

A whistle lanyard .

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
          A whistle lanyard .
          I don't think so:

It's clearly not long enough to be practical as a whistle lanyard, and the cord loops at both ends are too short and too thick.

Compare with the SA whistle lanyard seen below. (Picture borrowed from this thread: https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...d.php?t=533660 )
          Attached Files

Comment

I believe HPL is correct. After his initial post I googled Führerschnur and found several for sale. Most were listed as being HJ, though I also found some being listed as NSKK.

For the shoulder boards, I posted them in the heer section but it turns out they should have been in the LW section as they are Luftschutz Warndienst or SHD, though the yellow slides should not be on them.
            Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X