Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

humm

not sure about this.
    I know its surpossed to be old but ???? the moth holes look purpose made ,the detail well is lacking imo .this is not a simple Nazi supporters band some type of higher early rank I would expect a lot better .
    That type of banding to it never seen that before normally a flat tape.
    Cannot tell you the surpossed rank or title as not sure what it is.
    I could also be completely wrong and I will be offering you an apology later.
    Regards Pete

Comment

Armband

Interesting creation

Comment

Have you checked it under a black (UV) light?

Comment

the armband is completely UV negative!

Comment

A strange one for sure. Some type of homemade political/administrative armband maybe but it sure is crude which makes no sense for someone in that office.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by no1canuck View Post
              A strange one for sure. Some type of homemade political/administrative armband maybe but it sure is crude which makes no sense for someone in that office.

Steve
              I agree, at the level, one would expect the wearer of it to not feel too incredibly high ranking. Is it possible that the armband was a typical party band with the high rank being added very late war or even post war to increase the value?

As far as I’m concerned, interesting piece, not sure what to make if it, and something I would pass on for my collection.

Comment

Political Leader armbands with the oakleaf bands were used from about 1939 to the end of the war, and were therefore heavily controlled by the RZM. This is not RZM quality. Phantasy Krap, in my opinion.

Alen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X