Early Party Armband, opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Party Armband, opinions

Hello, opinions on this early NSDAP party armband would be appreciated. It is cotton, with presumed early RZM paper tag.
    Attached Files

Posting a few additional comparison photos as the color seems a bit bold.

Again, looking for opinions on the early party armband with thin swastica arms and an early RZM tag. Thanks !
    Attached Files

Comment

The red and white fabrics look correct (have you black-lighted the white fabric and thread?). The RZM label is later vs. early (I think the Fraktur was replaced by Latin type face in 40-41, although I'm sure manufacturers could use up whatever Fraktur labels they had on hand) and the swastika is obviously made of black fabric tape that is too narrow. Stitching is well done. IMO if the white is UV non reactive, I don't see any definite 'fake' indicator.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

I agree with Erich, the materials look typical. The RZM tag dates this to no earlier than 1934, by which time I might have expected the swastika dimensions to be more standardized. But I have seen original examples that were more crude than this. I would tend to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Thank you both, very, very much. I don’t own a black light, but will purchase one this week for a test. Always learning something new.

Comment

Updated photos under a UV light. A special thanks to my sock and two spools of thread.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry; your sock is a reproduction.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

ha

funny very funny

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                  Erich
                  how do u know sock is reproduction?...it"s original post war ...modern made ... EC

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                    Erich
                    Sadly, I think Erich is right. The sock is most likely a Post-war Souval.

Comment

Nothing wrong with postwar Souval, but the sock is too short for my liking. Not what I would expect. On another note, no glowing with that arm band. Looking good.

Comment

sock is used gold toe est.1934... EC

Comment

Not for my collection--the sock, I mean. Also, it would be very difficult to find a matching sock to make a set.
                          The armband looks fine, though!
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Thank you all! I have had the best time reading these posts over the past few days. I’ve also learned a great deal.

And I appreciate all of the pm’s regarding the sock. Being that it came directly from Goering’s train, I’m planning on keeping it here in my collection. Sorry guys.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X