Swallow nests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swallow nests

I 'd greatly appreciate information about the organisation that would have worn these insignia. The colours have reproduced accurately.

I thought they were SA but have been told that brown backing would be the norm.

Mike
    Attached Files

Another confusing one

This is another area that gets confusing. I was given some of these things that had the bullion in gold with embossed swastikas all along the tresse. It was in black wool background and the other one was with red wool background. I was told it is musicians but no one could tell me which branch. It had a matching kepi with gold bullion tresse with the embossed swastikas also. It had the early eagle 1929 on it. The rope was gold bullion too but the bill was leather. That one had black wool, the chin strap was gold bullion the tresse and bullion was very old and dark with oxidation. I bought a ton of books trying to find info on it but found very little. Some old photos were similar but not quite the same. The swallow tails I had got all burned in my studio fire back in 1996 and only one kepi survived. The nice red wool one burned up so did one all black one that had a harp on it. I tried repairing the other one and gave up. I dumped it in a box in storage. I am beginning to think the damned thing is cursed. Every time I brought it home to do research on it etc. or try to repair it **** would happen. I took the bullion rope part off to fix and it fell apart. Every time I tried to repair something it would just fall off. So I do not bring it home anymore. Yeah, damn thing is cursed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X