No announcement yet.

Desk decorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on the occasion, pieces like this one were presented bearing a plaque affixed to the marble base which explained something of the reason for the presentation. Of course, when the war ended, people who received such pieces as this wanted to keep them but didn't want the association with the TR era, especially if the plaque commemorated outstanding performance in some facet of the war industry. So they often removed the plaque and kept the desk piece...and that's why we are left wondering about the reasons behind these detailed and attractive pieces today. We see many examples of what has been referred to as "De-Nazification" of badges, medals and all sorts of other objects.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Here it its:

Stan
      That s a awsome piece ! This was for sure a present .
      My one was a prize. Butthose pieces like mine could bought by anyone

Comment

In 2002 I was in Hamburg and called in to see Helmut Weitze to collect a badge.

Helmut invited me into his his private office and he had this Flak award on his desk.

I asked him if it was for sale and we agreed the price which was around 850€. Luckily I had my car nearby because this gun is really quite heavy.

Stan

Comment

I was living near weitze Time ago . They often have nice pieces ! But also "apothekerpreise" / high prices.
          I collect nearly everything but Till now mainly wall plaques and desk decorations of all Kind. And your s is great. Good to See that those pieces are still outthere...
          I need to get ready to uplpad some pictures ��
          Last edited by xXKugelfangXx; 12-31-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I was living near weitze Time ago . They often have nice pieces ! But also "apothekerpreise" / high prices.
            I collect nearly everything but Till now mainly wall plaques and desk decorations of all Kind. And your s is great. Good to See that those pieces are still outthere...
            I need to get ready to uplpad some pictures �� - xXKugelfangXx
            Hi Stan,

Great piece & I'm very much looking forward to seeing the pictures of the desk decorations and wall plaques that 'Kugelfang' uploads,

Cheers,
            Michael
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X