No announcement yet.

NSDAP uniform and great coat opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you gentlemen. Would you all recommend me removing the collar insignia or leave it be?
    Thank you
    Hayden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why would you want to buy these two pieces in this condition? Even if they are dirt cheap, the condition will still be bad. Save some money and buy correct quality.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        Why would you want to buy these two pieces in this condition? Even if they are dirt cheap, the condition will still be bad. Save some money and buy correct quality.
        I agree with this guy. If you can get it for cheap (very cheap), go for it! If not, you should pass on it.

Comment

"Why would you want to buy these two pieces in this condition? Even if they are dirt cheap, the condition will still be bad. Save some money and buy correct quality."

I have to go with Joe's point of view. Having been in this hobby for well over five decades, perhaps I tend to see the long view instead of what appears to be a bargain at the moment. Adding anything to one's collection which is in compromised condition will mean that eventual dissatisfaction will come sooner than later, and if the piece is in the condition of these garments, when the time comes to shed them from your collection -- and that time will surely come -- it will be that much more difficult to find a buyer that will be willing to pay the price.

Happy New Year to all here!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Having been in this hobby for well over five decades.

Br. James
            Shiiiiiit. I have been doing it for just over a year now and dealing with fakes, bad dealers and bad WAF members.....it's all just tiresome. What's your secret senpai?

Comment

"What's your secret senpai?"

Thanks for your response, TooDeep, though I really don't have a "secret" to share with you! My interest in the TR and related subjects began as a teenager and it has always been as a historian -- the history of this period has always fascinated me, though I have never understood exactly why...I suppose it's like asking someone who collects period furniture or snuff boxes or who studies building styles why that attracts them?! And over this long time I have met -- either in person or online here at WAF or other forums -- a group of similarly-committed and focused people who have spent their lives in study and in artifact collecting, and that has been the great reward for me.

And yes, of course there are unscrupulous individuals who prey upon the innocent in this hobby; there is NO AREA OF COLLECTING which does not have more than it's share of those who seek to misrepresent and thereby take advantage of others by false means. There are also those who are less experienced and thereby present comments as 'facts' when they are merely assumptions; in this matter all of us could qualify! No one is an 'expert' in all subjects, even within this hobby, and I have always tried to temper my comments with that understanding...and probably have failed in it, as well. But there are many fine, honest and respectable people here -- collectors, historians and dealers alike -- and knowing them is the real benefit I receive from my years in this hobby.

Cheers, and do enjoy your day,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                "What's your secret senpai?"
                Thank you for commenting back senpai. Your words are truly appreciated. You are correct, this time period we study is truly fascinating.

I hope you're in good health and enjoy your day!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X