Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this badge real or a fantasy?

Hello everyone,

Picked this up at a local show . Not too expensive so I just bought it for displaying with other TR items. Would be glad if it's authentic.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

I'm afraid that this is a fake of an "addestramento in Germania" badge.

They were bestowed on the four Italian Divisions that trained in Germany:

Italia Divisione
    Littorio Divisione
    San Marco Divisione
    Monte Rosa Divisione

Cheers

Comment

As Don has indicated....

Award given to those Italian troops that finished their military training course in Germany.

The award was initiated on July 15, 1944 and was rendered to those soldiers of the four RSI Divisions and their German instructors, in accordance to the Italian Decree, Circukar no. 160:

"Giornale Militare Ufficiale" dated 1944: "In order to cement more and more comradeship ties with the allied army, the Duce has authorized a special badge to be issued to the soldiers of the Divisions under training and to their instructors."

A gilded metal for Officers and silvered for NCOs and enlisted.

The award was worn above the righrt breast pocket.

The four Italian Divisions were:

Italia Divisione
      Littorio Divisione
      San Marco Divisione
      Monmte Rosa Divisione

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Just curious: As I've never seen this badge before in either it's gold or silver grade, what indicates that the piece shown by wdnguyen is a "fake," as identified by Don?

I also realize that answering this question may alert those who lurk on sites like WAF with the intention of perfecting a more believable "fake" design may use such an answer toward that purpose, but for those of us who are long-time collectors and students of TR awards and badges, how else are we to be educated?

Thanks, friends,

Br. James

Comment

no, this is not a fake, I have one just like this, and the selller claimd it was original

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=886145

Comment

Sorry, its bad. A real one:
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for taking time to authenticate this badge. The jury is out, and yes it is a convinced fake as shown. The seller did not guarantee its originality and I understood by paying the price as such. Did not win the lottery again in regards to TR badges. :-( . Keep in displaying box for all repros and fakes.

Best regards,
                Will

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  Just curious: As I've never seen this badge before in either it's gold or silver grade, what indicates that the piece shown by wdnguyen is a "fake," as identified by Don?

I also realize that answering this question may alert those who lurk on sites like WAF with the intention of perfecting a more believable "fake" design may use such an answer toward that purpose, but for those of us who are long-time collectors and students of TR awards and badges, how else are we to be educated?

Thanks, friends,

Br. James

Sorry for my late answer Br. James, I was unable to post anything on the forum yesterday due to the technical problems.

This piece is very obviously poorly cast in silver (the mark on the reverse implies that it is silver). These were never made in silver & if they had been I'm sure the craftmanship would have been to a much higher standard as with other badges & awards that have a silver version.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers
                  Don

Comment

If I remember well, these badges are zinc based.

Comment

Thanks for your added response, Don. Very helpful.

Cheers to you,

Br. James

Comment

Why would anybody make a fake of such an obsure badge?

Nobody knows what it is.

Where is the market?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
                          Why would anybody make a fake of such an obsure badge?
                          Because they can sell for almost 1,000 euros, that's why...

Comment

Or more!

Comment

Award given to those Italian troops that finished their military training course in Germany.

The award was initiated on July 15, 1944 and was rendered to those soldiers of the four RSI Divisions and their German instructors, in accordance to the Italian Decree, Circukar no. 160:

"Giornale Militare Ufficiale" dated 1944: "In order to cement more and more comradeship ties with the allied army, the Duce has authorized a special badge to be issued to the soldiers of the Divisions under training and to their instructors."

A gilded metal for Officers and silvered for NCOs and enlisted.

The award was worn above the righrt breast pocket.

The four Italian Divisions were:

Italia Divisione
                              Littorio Divisione
                              San Marco Divisione
                              Monmte Rosa Divisione

Don & Ron

Another original one....

Cheers,
                              Michael
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X