Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA 4 Taschenrock or not?

Hi,
    I got this jacket the other day. It seems, that the jacket is a stripped SA Jacket from its color and lining. The buttons are redone with black thread and it seems that the shoulder boards on both sides were presentcat one time. They are now resown. No labels at all. Maybe it was used for something after the war?
    What are your opinions?
    Thanks Dirk
    Attached Files

The color as presented in these photos appears more like that of a Political Leader rather than SA.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

More pics in the shade...
      Attached Files

Comment

I would still say political leader based on the color. One other thing to look for--although not present on every tunic, is there a provision for a dagger clip under the left hip pocket flap? If so, it's not PL. Early SA tunics varied in color quite a bit prior to the standardization outlined in the RZM manuals, but this doesn't look like a very early example, judging by the form.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Erich
          I checked and there is nohhing to hang a dagger on. So i guess its is a tsilot odd made PL tunic.
          Thanks for the help
          Dirk

Comment

NSDAP would not have silver piping..looks like that's the case?

Comment

As i said i think the jacket was used for the theater which might explain the alternations.
              Dirk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X