Cufftitle SA Regiment Munchen 1923

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cufftitle SA Regiment Munchen 1923

The only comparable example I could find seems to be a good match for this one I’m looking at. Could anyone offer any feedback?

Any market levels for the original?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Hello Scotty,

I think it’s a very rare version of a SA band. It would be interesting to see an enlarged image of the text and see if the other end of the band also has an RZM tag. Greetings.

Polux

Comment

Hello,

Are are some better pictures.

This seems like an uncommon piece. I would be grateful for any feedback!

Comment

Hi Scotty- I have taken this screenshot with (hopefully) the permission of the GDC (Vern, Dave- I hope this is ok, credit to the image goes to germandaggers.com reference galleries which has been a number of years of very hard work by those two guys) and many others (mods included- but I believe you have a very rare commemorative SA cufftitle. I am envious, and would be proud to have something like that in my collection. Congrats on a fine piece. Yours actually has der kommandeur attached to the top, so this must be unbelievably rare especially with the tags.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I'm working to hopefully obtain it - just trying to vet first.

I did see the GD website info - as it's about the only thing out there.

Just trying to verify authenticity and maybe ballpark...

Also - "Der Kommandeur"='HQ unit'?

Thanks Byzanti!

Comment

Tbh Scotty, I would tend to think it might actually be a one off. Der kommandeur means “the commander.” How many of those could there have been? I’m Hoping for you that the answer is... just the one! I’d PM bob Hritz myself, and I would also ask him for a best price on a Oswald Mosley UBF pin... but that’s just me!! Lol good luck Scotty- I think you just might have a hell of a piece. If it turns out to be too good to be true, it was at least sure as hell fun to look at, best of luck man-
            Byz

Comment

Well, I've seen at least two others of these bands in American collections. And probably others out there. So it is no unique piece, but I am sure very rare. Would be interested to know who was entitled to wear it though. No idea yet.
              Best, Thomas

Comment

I don't know if anyone knows if it would be for the commander only or the command staff, but it is a scarce band. I also have seen 3 at least. The band on the GDC site, by the way, may not be an original. The lettering appears a bit off. The weave of the band material would be useful to see to determine whether or not it's good (GDC site's, not the one you pictured to open this thread, which looks fine to me).
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Could anyone also provide additional information as to the background of such a 'commemorative' cufftitle?

Was it simply an honor bestowed on the regular Munich SA regiment due to their 1923 activity?

Comment

Hello,

The band presented on GDC is not original, here is an image of a original band provided by a friend collector.

It is a commemorative band for men who were members of the SA Regiment in München in 1923.

For the band that Scotty presented, I think it’s the same commemorative band, but for the staff of that regiment.

Cordial greetings.

Polux
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by polux View Post
                      Hello,

The band presented on GDC is not original, here is an image of a original band provided by a friend collector.

It is a commemorative band for men who were members of the SA Regiment in München in 1923.

For the band that Scotty presented, I think it’s the same commemorative band, but for the staff of that regiment.

Cordial greetings.

Polux
                      Thank you Polux!

Lastly - I would ask if there are any period pictures of either the regular or Kommandeur band?

Comment

Here is one I own.

Here is one I own.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Byzanti View Post
                          Hi Scotty- I have taken this screenshot with (hopefully) the permission of the GDC (Vern, Dave- I hope this is ok, credit to the image goes to germandaggers.com reference galleries which has been a number of years of very hard work by those two guys) and many others (mods included- but I believe you have a very rare commemorative SA cufftitle. I am envious, and would be proud to have something like that in my collection. Congrats on a fine piece. Yours actually has der kommandeur attached to the top, so this must be unbelievably rare especially with the tags.
                          As mentioned, this cufftitle is fake.... I know because I had it in hand.... The only titles that I have seen that are original are typical SS weave patterns and many have been posted here for reference. Price range I have seen is $7-10K! All be it about three years ago.....

Comment

Originally posted by Duff View Post
                            As mentioned, this cufftitle is fake.... I know because I had it in hand.... The only titles that I have seen that are original are typical SS weave patterns and many have been posted here for reference. Price range I have seen is $7-10K! All be it about three years ago.....
                            Hello Duff, to clarify, you are referring to the GDC example as a fake?

With the cut example from DWG, seems like there are maybe 4-8 known examples right now?

And you are quoting an original as $7-10k?

DWG - thanks for sharing all of your great CT's lately!

-Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
                              Hello Duff, to clarify, you are referring to the GDC example as a fake?

With the cut example from DWG, seems like there are maybe 4-8 known examples right now?

And you are quoting an original as $7-10k?

DWG - thanks for sharing all of your great CT's lately!

-Scott
                              Hi Scott!

Yes - GDC is fake.

Couldn’t tell you how many of them are out there. Seems to me it’s many of the “Old Guard” though. I couldn’t “quote” the price I said, only what I have heard as “asking prices” from 2014 or so.

Hope this helps, Duff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X