Thoughts on D+75 Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on D+75 Years!

I give thanks and offer prayers today for the boundless efforts and commitment of The Greatest Generation! In so many ways we are who we are and we are able to do the things we can do today, because of the sacrifices of The Greatest Generation!

God bless and keep them, and may they know of our gratitude today and every day!

Br. James

Amen to that. That beach must have been hell on earth.

Comment

Well said BR!

Comment

Sadly what should be a day of respect and solemn reflection here in the UK is being used as an excuse for the hard of thinking to babble about the rights and wrongs of Brexit and Trump.

Also shame on Ford for trying to bury the bad news about closing their South Wales engine plant today of all days.

Ian

Comment

agree

Great brave men the likes of we will be hard pushed again to see.
          A great price was paid in life to rid the world of the Fascist state of the 3rd reich..
          A strange turn of fate after all that loss and destruction .Now for some very strange reason governments all over Europe are flooding the countries' with a Fascist religion that wants to destroy all we hold dear.
          Freedom and liberty.
          This is a disgusting insult for all those who served in WW2 .now no one wants to stand up and fight it as you will be in trouble.You could not make it up.
          My thoughts today were also in Africa .This is where my Grandfather fell in battle fighting Rommel..
          They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.

Comment

You see the parallels between D-Day and today.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
              Great brave men the likes of we will be hard pushed again to see.
              A great price was paid in life to rid the world of the Fascist state of the 3rd reich..
              A strange turn of fate after all that loss and destruction .Now for some very strange reason governments all over Europe are flooding the countries' with a Fascist religion that wants to destroy all we hold dear.
              Freedom and liberty.
              This is a disgusting insult for all those who served in WW2 .now no one wants to stand up and fight it as you will be in trouble.You could not make it up.
              My thoughts today were also in Africa .This is where my Grandfather fell in battle fighting Rommel..
              They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
              Very well said.
              Regards,
              Michael H.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X