Blood order to evaluate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood order to evaluate

Someone told me this is probably a Souval postwar copy.
    What do you think about it?
    Attached Files

This is not a genuine 2nd pattern BO as the highest is around 4xxx.
    French volunteer did an analysis years ago, see attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Agree, it’s a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
        This is not a genuine 2nd pattern BO as the highest is around 4xxx.
        French volunteer did an analysis years ago, see attached.
        The my medal is a Souval copy isn´t it?

Do you know the year Souval made that copies?

Comment

I am not an expert in BO but your medal looks like a Souval copy.
          Note it does not matter that much whether it is a Souval copy or fake as the 8xxx number already reveals it is not a genuine 2nd pattern BO.
          I have no idea when Souval copy was made, perhaps 80 ,90 or yesterday. Your one is now the highest number I encounter, I attach the 7864 for your easy reference.
          Attached Files

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, is there a LDO stamping on the ring? There is a part of the the ring in the photo that looks like there is a manufacturers mark. Regards, Martin.

Comment

As I understand the process under which the Blood Order was produced -- and it was produced by only one jeweler, the firm of Eugen Schmidhäussler of Pforzheim -- 1,500 numbered badges were produced as the "1st Pattern," and an additional 2,500 numbered badges were produced as the "2nd Pattern." The numbering was consistent and the total badges came to 4,000. That said, numbers such as the two seen previously in this thread are obviously faked.

Sorry but I have not thoughts as to which firm produced these fake Blood Order decorations.

Br. James

Comment

Correct its a copy, from when who knows, and who really cares. Post war is post war.
                Hope you have no money invested in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                  I am not an expert in BO

Comment

If the ring stamped L/58 it is typical postwar Souval. A nice example for postwar Souval collectit’s, but not if you’re looking for the real deal. The number is very high. I would own it, but that’s because I collect postwar Souval. Not what you’d want though if after the real thing.

Comment

Souval

I also have a similar Souval in my collection. Really
                      a wonderful medal, and think these was made earlier than the 80s-
                      Later Souval dont have this quality. When said, hope you can get you
                      money back, if you spend Big money.

BR
                      Nicolai
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by tystgaard; 06-04-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

IMO there were at least 2 2nd type BO manufacturers, and possibly a 3rd added later. This is based on the die characteristics with slight differences between examples. The pictured example here is 100% fake, however, I agree.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Yes, very important to recognise what it is not. Postwar Souval is not a real BO!!! A collector’s copy is still a fake.

Comment

Yes

If a post WW2 medal was made primarily for veterans - I would say replacement, sold primarily to collectors - reproduction. Items sold as wartime originals with maybe fake markings - yes fake. Souvals still have some history, produced by a wartime maker - to me much more interesting than a fake made in Poland or China. But the most important is that a seller knows what he is selling and a buyer knows what he is buying - Thats of course not always the case

Comment

Hi all. Thanks a lot for your help. This medal was sold to me as a Souval medal not an original one. Because that I think it was a nice deal. Unfortunately I cannot pay the amount of money the sellers ask for the original medal.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X