Only interview with Artur Axman 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only interview with Artur Axman 1995

One year before Artur Axman passed away Artur Axman gave his one and only filmed interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbIaCd4PqR0

Very interesting, but he was still the Reichsjugendfüher to the very end. Still thought everything he and the HJ did was right.
    Last edited by FS154; 05-31-2019, 10:18 AM.

Thanks so much for sharing this link with us...though it's too bad that this piece was not subtitled into English.

Br. James

Comment

Hello, if you collect german (items) you (should) have to understand german and think german - NOT meant in any political, ideological way!
      "Very interesting, but he was still the Reichsjugendfüher to the very end. Still thought everything he and the HJ did was right."
      IF you WOULD understand german correct (or would have listened correct) you would have understood that the interviewer in the film explicit did request that AXMANN should answer NOT with the knowledge of today but with the thinking of the original, former time!
      Greetings, daggers.

Comment

Hello,
        you are right but you feel in every sentence that he was still a symphatisant of the NS ideology.

Do you reed his book?
        Last edited by FS154; 05-31-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this interesting link.

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I live in the US, speak English, and still don't understand a lot of what the US does.

Comment

Originally posted by daggers View Post
              Hello, if you collect german (items) you (should) have to understand german and think german - NOT meant in any political, ideological way!
              "Very interesting, but he was still the Reichsjugendfüher to the very end. Still thought everything he and the HJ did was right."
              IF you WOULD understand german correct (or would have listened correct) you would have understood that the interviewer in the film explicit did request that AXMANN should answer NOT with the knowledge of today but with the thinking of the original, former time!
              Greetings, daggers.
              IMO it depends on one's collecting interests. For the average collector or dealer, I think there is sufficient reference information available in English online and in reference books to collect and make intelligent decisions regarding purchases. Most of the dealers and collectors I know do not speak or write German and still they do well. On the other hand, if a collector is interested in more detailed research, whether of items, individuals, or history, pre-1945 German language period information and materials will most likely be necessary, I agree--it would be very difficult and/or expensive (to have every page translated to English) to attempt without at least a rudimentary grasp of German. There is a decent amount of English language reference--biographies, unit information, III. Reich history, for example, available but to get to the minutiae, unless it's about a popular category (RK awardees, the SS, UBoats, Fallschirmjäger, for example) you'll likely need to go to the German records.
              So, I think it really depends on each individual's collecting goals and interests.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X