SA? Reiter collar tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA? Reiter collar tabs?

I have seen insignia like these, but these don't seem to matchmost SA collar tabs. If anyone has any additional information, I would be very appreciative. Thank you for your time in advance.

Sorry, links to images not working. Link to thread in next post.

A link, I hope.
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-co...ar-tab-732936/

Comment

Reiter

SA Reiter tabs have the lances positioned before the unit numbers, and they're more vertical.
      May be authentic lances, but I doubt they're SA.

Comment

Never seen lances like this in conjunction with SA.

I know only the below lance design on SA collar tabs
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
          Never seen lances like this in conjunction with SA.

I know only the below lance design on SA collar tabs
          The lances shown first are not SA at all. I have not seen them shown in any period cataloque or period publication. The ones Ingo do show are the correct form.

Comment

I dont like thee construction of the tab in question at all. But, I can say I have seen lances like this before in the vertical type SA tabs.

Sydney

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I am familiar with the standard reiter tabs but thought these may be variants. Thanks to Wim as well, for I know you have a large library of period reference material to cite. Thanks Sydney as well for your help. I could swear I have seen such lances somewhere, but the construction of the tabs is not my forte. Thanks mabs and ivbaust for your input also. Everything taken into consideration, it is safe to say I leapt before looking. Unfortunate turn of events.

Comment

I checked some metal insignia catalogues, but the shown device I cannot locate.

Comment

Two things: First,I have located some photos of the odd lances on the vertical tabs as I had earlier said. These are not period photos. These might be a complete post war put together to make them seem like something they are not. I will say that the tabs here are NOT my own. I had saved this photo for reference and do not know who the owner of these are. If he/she has a problem with me putting this picture, please let me know and Ill take it down.
                  Secondly, a recent update on Griffin Militaria has two of these style tabs on hold. If you did purchase from them, they are outstanding people and I am sure you can return it. Dan is actually a member on this forum.

Sydney
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again Sydney and Wim. I appreciate your assistance and advice. I have to get the image posting figured out so I don't need links or urls.

Comment

If you become an Associate Member of the forum, you can post photos directly to the forum.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X