X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party style eagle.

Your opinions please...
    Attached Files

Wait for more knowledgeable opinions but to me it looks like its wants to be a NSDAP 2nd pattern (M34) cap eagle but I have never seen a solid one before (all hollow stamped) so its probably a casting. These eagles usually have folding clips to secure to caps; the screwpost and nut with anti-rotation device used here looks like something out of a novelty shop catering to bikers in the 60's IMO. What does the text on the nut say?

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
      Wait for more knowledgeable opinions but to me it looks like its wants to be a NSDAP 2nd pattern (M34) cap eagle but I have never seen a solid one before (all hollow stamped) so its probably a casting. These eagles usually have folding clips to secure to caps; the screwpost and nut with anti-rotation device used here looks like something out of a novelty shop catering to bikers in the 60's IMO. What does the text on the nut say?

JC
      The nut is marked sterling so either replaced or part of the fake. In either case, I hink you right, more inclined to thinking crap on this one!

Comment

I agree with JC: This design is supposed to resemble the M34 NSDAP cap eagle, but the presence of the word "sterling" on the post nut is an indication that this piece is certainly not from Germany. Also the post appears to be blunt, so how would this piece attach to fabric?

Br. James

Comment

Certainly I do not like the eagle. Seems to be a copied design from the M1/52 styled pieces.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X