Goering Deutsches Reichsbahn Pitcher??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goering Deutsches Reichsbahn Pitcher??

This has been offered to me but it's out of my collecting realm of knowledge. I apologize for the poor quality photos. I believe the code number "241" is correct. If someone could give me some idea of value I would appreciate it.
    Attached Files

Hi Karl,
    Here's pics of the markings of my serving bowl from his other dining car, 243, for comparison.

Not an expert but I think dealers would ask $800-$1,000 or more and a realistic estand selling range would be $500-$700. Wait for additional opinions though.

Regards, Justin
    Attached Files

Comment

Jim Yannes confirms the 'wagon' numbers mentioned here, of course, in his 2015 book, "The Special Trains of Hitler, Göring et al (their history and collectibles)" -- both "241" and "243" indicate Deutsche Reichsbahn rail cars specially made for Hermann Göring. On p.206-7 Yannes shows us a photo of an identical-shaped pitcher bearing the same details as mentioned in this thread, with the exception that that pitcher is marked "244," which indicated Hitler's Staff Dining Wagon. The description includes this note: "This silver-plated milk pitcher from the 21Jan2010 Alexander Historical Auction sold for $2,250...This item also bears the proper "B" and locomotive hallmark [indicating the silversmith firm of Peter Bruckmann] as well as "ALPAKA" and "244" hallmarks [Hitler's Staff Dining Wagon]."

Hope this reference is helpful, Karl.

Br. James

Comment

Hi Justan and Br. James,

Thanks very much for the information..

Comment

That's a cool item. Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Never fails to amaze me the sheer breadth of this hobby. Wonderful items to see, thanks for posting them and the info given.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X